A little help please

24vavle

" Burnin Coal "
Had issues starting my truck after a year of not running fired up and idled for 15 minutes took it for a drive and she shut off. Had lift pump issues so I had yet another Raptor sent to me. So I installed it fired up and shut off again went and changed the fuel filter and added 5 gallons of fresh fuel. Bought brand new batteries and cracked the fuel lines to bleed the system. So after that I cranked it for a little bit it started ran for a few seconds started to die gave her the old lead foot and she stayed on then she shut off again. Called bluechip diesel talked with there guys did everything he said still no go. the codes I got were P0122 , P0622 , P1693 , an P1765 I know what they are. So after that tried starting her again and it just puffed smoke wants to start but just can't. Wondering if there is anyone that can help troubleshoot before I have to go chick and take it somewhere I was also wondering if the cam positioning sensor has anything to do with it thank you. :nail:

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yeah showing 19 psi were I have it set then drop's to 7 then back up think the solenoid is bad but just puffs smoke rings want's to start just wont kick back over I'm stuck

My cam sensor was bad on mine a while back and it never didn't let it start. It would do goofy things while driving but i was always able to start it.

I'm just trying to weed out issues I've changed it before but yes check engine light is on always on

Correct me if im wrong but wont the vp cut off with anything under 8psi or no?

Correct me if im wrong but wont the vp cut off with anything under 8psi or no?

No. I ran one with 0 pressure for months. Bad idea but it should run, it ran fine that way just less power.

Did you try to run it without the ecm? Put power and ground to your vp44 and see if it does the same thing.

Just wondering, have you tried cracking injector lines to make sure you still have fuel present at the injectors when this happens? I'm wondering if you aren't having some fuel supply issues. The drop and return to pressure makes me think the overflow fitting is open and the fuel supply to the pump is just returning to tank and not filling the head properly.

i would have to say you are air locked somewhere or the VP is done.

if you have a box or programmer on it get rid of it first

Well just changed the injection pump , new injectors and now the fuel sending unit so now she starts and runs.