A Thing Of Beauty

What I wanna know is where people get the hot pipe for those twins?

Not sure about that. I have seen the very same down pipe in peoples kits on ebay and various other vendors sites. It's a cast pipe .

Maxtorq, that hot pipe is a cast piece. The nice thing about it is you can alter the way the bottom turbo swings back & forth or rotate it 360 degrees. If I want to use a turbo with a T6 flange verse say a BHT3B, I use the same hot pipe, just swap out the lower connecting flange. They are not on our website, but I do have a dozen or so in stock, ifin you're needing one or two.

The turbo combination on the 4BTT is HX40/16 over GT4202 1.15 exhaust, .60 AR intake

Piers said:
Maxtorq, that hot pipe is a cast piece. The nice thing about it is you can alter the way the bottom turbo swings back & forth or rotate it 360 degrees. If I want to use a turbo with a T6 flange verse say a BHT3B, I use the same hot pipe, just swap out the lower connecting flange. They are not on our website, but I do have a dozen or so in stock, ifin you're needing one or two.

The turbo combination on the 4BTT is HX40/16 over GT4202 1.15 exhaust, .60 AR intake

Sold I'll give ya all a call.

Wonder how that'll spool...seems a little big for a 4BT. I was planning on using a HX30 and a 62mm charger.

Of course I'm thinking around 350-375hp;)
Chris

Hi Jeff, I don't know, gotta name in mind.
Hi Chris, yep, a little big, but for its purpose, it'll be making its power from 2200 to 5000 rpm's & most of its life will be 3000 to 4500, so those chargers should be fine up there & help keep EGT's down.

Piers said:
Hi Chris, yep, a little big, but for its purpose, it'll be making its power from 2200 to 5000 rpm's & most of its life will be 3000 to 4500, so those chargers should be fine up there & help keep EGT's down.

That's what I thought...I'm planning on a 14mm VE Pump, some headwork, and a HX30 over a B1-2, or I might go a little more off the wall with a Garrett GT2560R and a GT3788R. Not sure yet...first I need to get the engine in the thing!

Chris

How well would one of these little 4BT's haul around a '97 Dodge 1500 ext cab swb 2wd on 33's? What kind of tranny can you hook up behind it? Preferably standard...

Muddin_dude06 said:
How well would one of these little 4BT's haul around a '97 Dodge 1500 ext cab swb 2wd on 33's? What kind of tranny can you hook up behind it? Preferably standard...

I've got a friend that has about 4 of them in 1500 Chevy's...you can put Chevy tranny's, Ford Tranny's, Dodge Tranny's, even industrial tranny's behind them. Just depends on the adapter plate you have;)

Chris

I got to thinking about how a 4BT would work with a NV4500 behind it in my lil truck, wonder what kind of mileage I could get? Don't know much about turning them up but I think a good 300-375hp with twins would scoot that little truck around pretty good...

With the 4bt do you firering it and studs too? Any way to lighten it up?

I've just about talked my buddy into swapping a 4bt into his ZR2....probably sell the 4.3 for the same amount he can buy the 3.9 for. He is excited, lol