A1000 pumps

Mocummins

Anybody run a A1000 pump on there swap? iv researched some on them, found a marine style A1000 read it was a better pump to go with. Just looking to see how they worked. Or should I have my money in go with a air dog or fass.

I will say that aeromotive makes a quality product that they stand behind. They are very easy to deal with. Great customer service.

I have them on both of my trucks. You can't go wrong with them. Be prepaired to spend some $$$$. The pump isn't that bad on price. Its all the fittings,lines,filters and regulator. If you have the money, do it. You will not be disapointed with it. I will never buy an airdog or fass again.

What kind of years/ miles are you guys seeing out of these Aeromotive pumps? I know AD can be a crapshoot from personal experience

If I was to do it again (and I wasn't in college and broke as EF) I would go with either an aeromotive or a fuel lab pump. I've had nothing but bad luck with my fass pumps.

I have been using a fuel lab on my puller. The one that Looks like Aeromotive but flows a good bit more.

from phone

What kind of years/ miles are you guys seeing out of these Aeromotive pumps? I know AD can be a crapshoot from personal experience

No crap. Im shelfing the new raptor even it gets here, and making a permanent bracket for this a1000. Such an awesome pump. Don't need to be stranded 3 times in 2 years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It seems to me like a company could make a nice, practical belt driven fuel pump. Just like a twin cp3 kit. But maybe I'm unrealistic

I ran the marine version of the 1000 on a daily driver for 2 years (12 valve). It is going on my 24v P pumped truck once it is back on the road. Zero issues...

Fantastic pumps. Have ran both the Black marine and the red ones. No difference internally between the two. The black coating is more durable against salt water corrosion.

Make sure you run at least a unrestricted 6an return and the correct fuel injected type regulator. Those pumps are cooled by fuel and the surest way to kill it is to restrict the fuel flowing through it. The big one with the 12an supply side is very hard to run on the street for that very reason.

Fantastic pumps. Have ran both the Black marine and the red ones. No difference internally between the two. The black coating is more durable against salt water corrosion.

Make sure you run at least a unrestricted 6an return and the correct fuel injected type regulator. Those pumps are cooled by fuel and the surest way to kill it is to restrict the fuel flowing through it. The big one with the 12an supply side is very hard to run on the street for that very reason.

1/2'' line a bad idea then?

Mitusa pumps....

You talking Glacier's Fuel Boss? I tried tracking down a MITUSA and got no results. I've seen common rail Dmax and Cummins trucks run them, but will they supply a thirsty P7100?

After handling one and talking with the guy who built the DTT pumps, I'd never have on my truck. He answered alot of questions DTT couldn't about issues I had with that pump.

You talking Glacier's Fuel Boss? I tried tracking down a MITUSA and got no results. I've seen common rail Dmax and Cummins trucks run them, but will they supply a thirsty P7100?

After handling one and talking with the guy who built the DTT pumps, I'd never have on my truck. He answered alot of questions DTT couldn't about issues I had with that pump.

For a big 13mm I'd use an 11104, it flows 1200lb/hr at 40psi, which converts roughly to 170gph. Any more than that, I'd use a Waterman with a front cover that has a drive provision. I think Keating sells em.

It seems to me like a company could make a nice, practical belt driven fuel pump. Just like a twin cp3 kit. But maybe I'm unrealistic

Aeromotive themselves make a badass belt driven pump rated to more than the A1000s. My buddy runs one on his full tilt 13mm sled truck at 60psi and hasn't even thought about needing more than that pump will supply. Don't know why more guys don't look into them. Not too mention they are fully rebuild able and service-able.