A1000 pumps

Aeromotive themselves make a badass belt driven pump rated to more than the A1000s. My buddy runs one on his full tilt 13mm sled truck at 60psi and hasn't even thought about needing more than that pump will supply. Don't know why more guys don't look into them. Not too mention they are fully rebuild able and service-able.

Aeromotive has always seemed worried about rating their pumps for diesel, but their entire line seems to do pretty well with the fuel.

I was not impressed with the MITUSA pump I ran. Cheap little gear pump with fixed pressure. Gave it to a friend and it started leaking through the seals a few months later. I run a Aeromotive belt drive now. 2700 lbs. an hour at up to 200psi. for 500 bucks what is not to like.

IMG_0203_zps5a5ea91f.jpg

He hasn't had any issues with that pump. And I'll be honest. It surprised the hell out of me. Another thing that makes the pump nice, is your able to change pulleys if needed based on wheel speed and RPM to turn the pump harder at a lower RPM or less hard at a higher RPM.

Edit: Bingo ! ^^ That's the one I'm talking about SINNER.

Last edited:
This looks very nice for a mild build too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Jn5MyxCEw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Jn5MyxCEw[/ame]

What kind of numbers will that support SINNER? I want to run an A1000 style pump because I plan on going with a pretty big P-pump.... but its also gonna be driven on the skreet so I dont want to burn it out...

I was not impressed with the MITUSA pump I ran. Cheap little gear pump with fixed pressure. Gave it to a friend and it started leaking through the seals a few months later. I run a Aeromotive belt drive now. 2700 lbs. an hour at up to 200psi. for 500 bucks what is not to like.

IMG_0203_zps5a5ea91f.jpg

You gotta wonder how they get their name on it that cheap??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Billet-Belt-Drive-Fuel-Pump-/171198366804?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27dc37c454&vxp=mtr

Never ran a import knock off part in my life but most who have will tell the horror stories.

I totally agree and try to buy USA or Canada made when possible!! Aeromotive says "We take great pride in the fact that everything we sell, we design and make in the U.S.A". Speedmaster seems to be an Aussie company. OBX has one similar too, but where is it made? Maybe next to Cummins' plant located where?

That pump is Chinese or some other Asian country. I have seen one in person at a swap meet. Rough cut machine work and the poor anodizing is apparent on those. The Aeromotive's bearings are all made in USA and the bolts are grade 5 external Torx.

What kind of numbers will that support SINNER? I want to run an A1000 style pump because I plan on going with a pretty big P-pump.... but its also gonna be driven on the skreet so I dont want to burn it out...

Are you asking Horsepower wise ? Do the math. 2700lbs/hour, 2700 divided by 60 comes out to 45lbs per min. Soooooo I'm gonna say about 1,500hp.

Here's how to figure out how much fuel flow you need with p-pumps, at least.

Example, 13mm pump, 800cc x 1000 strokes, 4,000rpm, 40psi.

800cc per 1000 strokes = .8cc per stroke, I-6 has a power stroke every 120 deg, so it has 3 power strokes every rotation.

So 4,000rpmx3=12,000 power strokes per minute, or uses (.8x12,000)=9600cc per minute, or (9,600x60) 576,000cc per hour.

Since 1cc=.000264 gallons, that means we need a pump that can supply (576,000x.000264) 152gph at 40psi.

Yea i agree with Murphy, id like to try one on a Moster vp and let pump decide what psi gauge say's!

Im running a fass an drow strow gots old, so i added 15/16 high pressure pump when low fuel light comes on!

So belt drive pump or electric pump? I like the idea of going mechanical but want to make sure that'll keep up with a p pump (psi and volume). Seen talk on here that the belt drive pumps cant keep up with the p pump.

I had to ditch the belt drive pump last year. Wouldn't keep up with a p pump application.

phone

A good belt driven pump will handle any p pump made. My money is on he was using a Glacier or MITUSA. If it was a Waterman or a Aeromotive that would not keep up he was not spinning it fast enough.

A good belt driven pump will handle any p pump made. My money is on he was using a Glacier or MITUSA. If it was a Waterman or a Aeromotive that would not keep up he was not spinning it fast enough.

My point exactly as well. Just didn't want to come straight out and say it.

20130518_170249_zps96fb81da.jpg

One is a Primary with a Pump controller for street driving. Other goes full on when i hit a set boost point. They might keep up with my p7100...