***? about a few mods***

solostyle

OzoneKilla
My truck runs 13.7 in the 1/4 with just the crazy larry..exhaust..and..afe. Im looking to hit a low 13 or even a high 12. Im looking to buy a turbo and smaller injectors. Would I push the 12's? Im looking to go crazy but a little something would be nice. I dont really wanna do dual cp3s. What would your recommendations be? Brand and sizes....

solostyle said:
My truck runs 13.7 in the 1/4 with just the crazy larry..exhaust..and..afe. Im looking to hit a low 13 or even a high 12. Im looking to buy a turbo and smaller injectors. Would I push the 12's? Im looking to go crazy but a little something would be nice. I dont really wanna do dual cp3s. What would your recommendations be? Brand and sizes....

a nice size turbo, at least 100hp injectors, a modded CP3 and a Smarty or other brand boxes will likely get you there. The BD won't do it. Pushing the 37's is a big hold back by itself. If you took them off, you might already be in the 12's if you ran 13.4 with them on.

I have a mega on 37's and it's taken 700hp to get it into the 12's. Not saying it can't be done with less but, with the weight our trucks have....

i dont run 13.7's with the 37's. I run 14.1 with them on. I know, air+fuel=power, not a idoit here. What size and kind of turbo should I look for. If i do the modded cp3, i wanna do it myself. Not looking to spend the money on a new one. I really dont know what turbo I should look into. 100hp injectors is fine, but what turbo would you match that with?

solostyle said:
i dont run 13.7's with the 37's. I run 14.1 with them on. I know, air+fuel=power, not a idoit here. What size and kind of turbo should I look for. If i do the modded cp3, i wanna do it myself. Not looking to spend the money on a new one. I really dont know what turbo I should look into. 100hp injectors is fine, but what turbo would you match that with?

Well, I bought the II Silver 62 but i ordered it with a 12 cm exhaust housing....I made 530hp/1050tq. with It and my Crazy Larry and MP8..(See my Sig.)

There's another guy on this forum (OkeeGoat06), He has the exact same setup as me except he has a HT62/14.....I'm not sure if he has a TC Lock up switch yet.....Anyway, He ran a 12.9 @103 with his......

I haven't made it to the track yet but will in the Spring....If he's running high 12's with his setup, I should be there as well, especially if i'm locking right after it hits 2nd....

With your setup, If you drive it daily, I think the Silver 62 would be great......BUT, If I had it to do over, I might have gone with a 64/71/13 setup........

You'll get there pretty quick with just a couple more mods.....BTW, I like my MP8 you might like it as well. look into it..........Oh Yeah, my numbers and his times are with STOCK STICKS AND STOCK CP3.......

$.02

Last edited:
Big Swole said:
Well, I bought the II Silver 62 but i ordered it with a 12 cm exhaust housing....I made 530hp/1050tq. with It and my Crazy Larry and MP8..(See my Sig.)

There's another guy on this forum (OkeeGoat06), He has the exact same setup as me except he has a HT62/14.....I'm not sure if he has a TC Lock up switch yet.....Anyway, He ran a 12.9 @103 with his......

I haven't made it to the track yet but will in the Spring....If he's running high 12's with his setup, I should be there as well, especially if i'm locking right after it hits 2nd....

With your setup, If you drive it daily, I think the Silver 62 would be great......BUT, If I had it to do over, I might have gone with a 64/71/13 setup........

You'll get there pretty quick with just a couple more mods.....BTW, I like my MP8 you might like it as well. look into it..........Oh Yeah, my numbers and his times are with STOCK STICKS AND STOCK CP3.......

$.02

Those are great HP numbers. That was taken on a dyno correct? I would love to get around that 12.9 range and if I was able to keep the stock sticks, then I could use the money towards a mp8.....

solostyle said:
Those are great HP numbers. That was taken on a dyno correct? I would love to get around that 12.9 range and if I was able to keep the stock sticks, then I could use the money towards a mp8.....

Yup, My numbers were from Garmon's Shop Day on Nov. 3rd. with David Dunbars dyno..(There were some threads with everyones numbers posted from that day)....I was very pleased with them considering my mods.....I just hope the high 12's are possible.....I'm sure that if OkeeGoat06 did it, that we could......

I'm kinda wanting some small stick also...I'm just gonna wait till next year...I gotta pay off these current mods first :doh:

aprudhomme said:
do you run your mp-8 on full or do you turn it down a lil

If i'm playin, I keep it at around 50%.....But if I'm wanting bust somebody's a$$, I roll it all the way up.......It's always for very short bursts though......If I'm just driving around daily or traveling, I leave it completely OFF. I also turn my BD Outlook down to the towing or stock mode if daily driving......I really like to adjustibilty of the combo..

I never had an issue with it!!

Last edited:
aprudhomme said:
yea thats usually how i run mine . with my sticks it smoks to much when it is on

What size stix do ya have?.........I've been wanting to bump up to a 50 to 100 HP stix...

aprudhomme said:
i have the ddp 90's

I'm guessing that with big stix, a hot tune, and the MP8, that the CP3 mod will be needed soon due to draining the rail..

I might just stay around the 50hp range.

Well with the mods in my signature and still stock cp3 and injectors I run in the 12.7s range with 285s. I recommend the biggest single turbo you can live with depending on towing requirements. I love my SPS66, a little laggy maybe, but with the proper stack and setting not really an issue with me. A good lift pump upgrade (FASS, GDP, etc.) with the turbo and see what you have. Then go from there.

My same setup with the BDTD w/CL instead of Smarty best was around 13.0s 1/4 miles times. The Smarty put me in the 12s. The new Smarty versions put me a little lower in the 12s with much lower EGTs. Just my .02.

the only time my rail felt like it was drained is when i tryed a smarty! but with my current mods it feels fine so far

ramctd said:
Well with the mods in my signature and still stock cp3 and injectors I run in the 12.7s range with 285s. I recommend the biggest single turbo you can live with depending on towing requirements. I love my SPS66, a little laggy maybe, but with the proper stack and setting not really an issue with me. A good lift pump upgrade (FASS, GDP, etc.) with the turbo and see what you have. Then go from there.

My same setup with the BDTD w/CL instead of Smarty best was around 13.0s 1/4 miles times. The Smarty put me in the 12s. The new Smarty versions put me a little lower in the 12s with much lower EGTs. Just my .02.

I've been debating adding the TST to my CL and MP8.....just not sure if it'll net me the extra I'm lookin for and be worth the money......I may not have enough air for the big stix.

If you get the TST You can sell your MP8. Like my sig says i made 585 with stock sticks, a stock cp3, TST set low and a BD set on extreme. BTW i was running no extra RP or timing with the TST.

I'd get a TST first. Then if you want more, go with injectors and a modded cp3. Get a good lift pump also.