***? about a few mods***

Big Swole said:
I've been debating adding the TST to my CL and MP8.....just not sure if it'll net me the extra I'm lookin for and be worth the money......I may not have enough air for the big stix.

I think anyone wanting to go above 500hp should start with a TST R49. You may wind up tuning it down depending on the stack, but you have so much flexibility with the options that it is pretty easy to find a solid stack for street or track. Just my .02.

1911 guy said:
If you get the TST You can sell your MP8. Like my sig says i made 585 with stock sticks, a stock cp3, TST set low and a BD set on extreme. BTW i was running no extra RP or timing with the TST.
My brother has a 04.5 truck with 90hp sticks, Fass, HTB2 62/65/12, DD & triple Dog with Crazy Larry. I didn't know that a TST can be stacked with the T-dog. He tried a TST R37 & it has no bottom end, just some shuddering till 2600rpm then it takes off fast. Can he stack the T-dog with TST? What settings?

ramctd said:
I think anyone wanting to go above 500hp should start with a TST R49. You may wind up tuning it down depending on the stack, but you have so much flexibility with the options that it is pretty easy to find a solid stack for street or track. Just my .02.

Well, I'm at 530/1050 right now.....My main question is - spending $800 for a TST or spending about as much on some 50-100 stix..............Which one is gonna net me the most HP with the lowest EGT's and the MOST RELIABILITY?????

With Sticks, I can achieve HP with hight EGT's but its a no brainer...Just watch the temps..

With the TST stacked with Crazy Larry and MP8, It will take some playing and tuning.......Also, the risk of going too high on the TST settings and maybe doing some major damage.....

What's the best move........?????

FWIW 100hp Flux 2's cut .68 seconds off my ET. Went from a 13.46 to a 12.78 with just the sticks. The stock CP3 keeps RP around 23-24k too.

You can run high 12's with just stock sticks and a TST stack though. I had to get larger injectors to reach 12's because I can't run the TST on my '06.5. :(