? about my injectors

00 black ram

Cummin's Enthusiast
I just sent my "DDP 250 Comps" in to DDP to have them cleaned and reset the pressures for a p-pump. DDP calls and says these are not our injectors and these are huge, to big for my p-pump and setup. They said their Comps flow 45 lpms and mine flow 70-75lpms. I got them all done up like new, they said that who ever made them did a really nice job on extrude honing them. But they are saying these are WAY to big for me and that I will not make power with them and I will not even begin to burn the fuel. Before I sent them in they were a clean burning injector, barely hazes after warmed up, and smooth running. Nothing like the 6x18's I ran priorto these. THey wouldn't tell me the hole size but I am sure they are 7 holes. What do you guys think??

Specs on truck:
160hp Pump maxed out by DPE (450 cc's)
?? Injectors
E.D. 66/74/14
Big Stick Cam w/ 110lb. springs and HD pushrods.

I have a pin gauge kit if you want to send them to me to find out the hole size, just pay for shipping.

See that is what I thought I had seen or heard of with their Comp 250's. I was going to go on the website and see if it was on there.

I can't remember but I had two sets of DDP injectors (200hp & 250hp) and a set of II 6 x 18 SDF's at the same time. I compared the hole sizes between the 6x18s and one of the other but can't remember. I think it was the 250's and you could planely see the 6x18s were definitly bigger. lol

I get them returned to you cleaned and popped at 300 bar, throw them in and see how you like them. If they ran good for you before they should be good again.

They told us that we were getting the biggest set of injectors they ever made, had to have the oil changed every pull because of cylindar wall was down, they would flow 83lpm. The truck just never ran that great with them were really clean and the boost was down. We ordered a set of custom 6x24 JL 9mm nozzles and worked over bodies and now the truck does what its supposed to.

But hole size means nothing, its about how much they flow.LOL

250hp injectors are all around 45lpm and if those are really 75lpm they are way more than most ppl need, my bros truck has 55lpm and its supposed to be 900hp on the ground when it hits the dyno at II

I should have them back here in a day or two. Got them cleaned and set. I planned on puting them back in and see how they do. I personnally dont think they are to big, my 66 cleans them up pretty good.

my big ddps seem to work pretty good still set a vp pops. I think you will like them.

I like them compared to others, I will probably keep them and change out pumps instead. I want to go in the bigger direction instead of smaller. lol

originally the DDP comp 250's were 62lpm, as they were called J62's when i bought my first set.

I had a new set made by DDP and they came back at 73lpm. Been running them for over a year now with good results.

A few places, but there are variables that must be kept to keep the results consistant. If you're wondering, your injectors would flow ~ 3.0LPM.

Most do not measure flow using the pintle, so it is often a non factor. I have never had a set of 6x0.012" flowed, but I would estimate them to flow very close to the same 3.0LPM, the difference in performance will come from the nozzle type.

I think somewhere I seen some guys talking about going from 7 holed injectors to a 6 holed injector. Is there any benefit to doing so??