???? about putting a 12v in a 97 chevy

hyper14h

red around the neck
hi im putting a 12v in a 97 chevy its a 4x4 with a nv 4500 it originaly had a 6.5 in it but i got sick of putting injection pumps and computers on it theres a suprise to u all lol it was kinda like this *bdh* so ne ways i have a 12v with a p pump waiting to go in it and i wanted to no if anybody that has done it could give me some heads ups on what i might run into in the process i have a cracked block to mock everything up i was worried about the ifs if i would have to modify the oil pan or not so if you have done any of these swaps the more stuff i can learn before hand the better it'll be greatly appriciated thanks

Well Im no expert but my DD and towrig is a 96 with a 12v. and I also ditched a 6.5 in the process.

Youll need to go to www.tbtrans.com and order a new input shaft and bearing retainer.
Just get all the stock clutch stuff from a 2nd gen dodge it will all bolt in. Even the master cyl is a bolt in swap.
No oilpan mods.
Youll need a small bodylift. I went with 3" but 1 1/2 will be enough to clear.
Youll need to move the trans and xfer back 5 1/4" and cut new drivelines.

Well that should get you started. Pm me when you get to the tricky stuff. lol

CUMMINS001.jpg

CUMMINS003.jpg

DYNO9-8-07001.jpg

k i r read have my imput shaft i just rebuilt my tranny and i bought a south bend 3850 clutch and i just got the shaft when i ordered it and i bought the heavy duty master n slave cylinder kit i pretty much got all the bolt on stuff figured out its the fab work i havent is the body lift to clear the valve cover ? id rather not run a body lift if there is any way around it im not a big fan of them plus i r ready have a 6 inch suspension lift on it and my girl friend r ready complains enough about getting in it lol