Abs & Brake Light

Grumpy John 4X4

:confused:My brake light and abs light located in the dash stays on, speed sensor mounted on the rear diff checks out ok, trying to get a ca brake and lamp certification for a salvage title. Help!

check your vacum hoses they crack and break if you have low vacum they will come on cruise will not work eather the ones under the battery at the cruise acuator are very prone to faliure

have you noticed any difference in braking performance since the lights came on?

I have the same issure right now. I was thinkin speed sensor but don't know. Let me know what you come up with.
I also am having problems with overdrive going on and off with out me doing it. Don't know if its related or not

I have the same problem right now. they came on after we had lots of ice and snow, but have never gone off. my cruise control does work, so would it just be the speed senser?

Trailer

I had the same problem twice and it was the fuse. I had hooked up a trailer with a short in the lights...blew the fuse.

i had the same problem also unplug your multi function switch also known as the turnsignal switch to check if that works.... but vacuum is another good place to look.

Any of you guys figure out what the problem was. I just had my ABS and Brake light come on today after a good couple days of ice/snow. The brakes don't work until I am almost to the floor. Like a booster isn't working or something. I checked the fuses in the eng compartment and didn't see any blown. I also found my brake reservour low when I checked it. It is normally not low or need any. I refilled it and it hasn't dropped now after about 20 miles of driving in stop and go traffic. I would think it has to be something simple. I am going to bleed the brakes here in a little bit just incase it got air in the system when it was low. Any ideas guys. It seems like there are several of us with this problem right now.

You need to find someone with a scan tool. If your ABS light is on there should be a code to point you in the right direction.

I got the same problem...But it seems that when I shut down the truck and restart the lights go out.....But only for a while...

Well I fixed it. Sometime in the past the rubber seal under the master cylinder cap fell off. Magically the cap resealed and didn't leak as I was only on the street. Then the other day when rocking it over curbs try to get in my driveway in the ice I got splashed some fluid out and got air in the system when it was sloshing.... $6 fix and I got to rubber tops and a couple beers to a friend for helping me bleed the brakes:)

I have the same issure right now. I was thinkin speed sensor but don't know. Let me know what you come up with.
I also am having problems with overdrive going on and off with out me doing it. Don't know if its related or not

overdrive issue sounds like the trans temp switch

Funny this thread came up, the 95 I'm buying from my dad has similar issues. ABS light is on, and brake lights don't work. Checked wiring and fuses... any ideas other then whats been stated so far?

:Cheer:

i had mine do it too and the 20 amp fuse located in the fuse panel inside the truck makerd "stop lamp" was blown.. it will cause the abs + brake light to come one+ cause you to have no brake lights. If it keeps blowing start at the trailer wiring and run your way back. Theres a connector under the truck that basically connects the front half of the truck to the back half. disconnect it and see if the fuse pops again. if it doesnt then you know theres something at the bakc of the truck . if it does then theres something at the front of the truck

the connector shoudl be at the body mount closest to the front door ( i cant remember which side but i think its the right)