ac help please

rileydsking

2001 excursion,was a v10. can't get power to the compressor. worked fine before swap,it has a full charge. if i put power to the compressor it blows cold. i checked all the fuses and relay,they are good. since i bypassed the pcm for the tach to work via fordcummins instructions would this be the problem? i would like to have everything working like factory without toggle switches.

thanks for any help

Do you have a tach signal?

The PCM needs to see a tach signal for it to kick the compressor on.

needs to have both the cam and crank sensors hooked up.

Last edited:
yes the tach works. but via ford cummins instructions on 99-01 only the cam signal wire is used and you bypass the signal at the pcm conector. pin 85 & 48 are cut from the pcm and wired together on the harness side. i just got it charged friday afternoon and fc was closed by the time i called for help.

you would think if they told you to bypass the pcm they would state other ways for the ac to work..

I'm fighting through the PCM on mine too. Best I could figure was that I was going to have to energize it straight from the dash, and eliminate the PCM. Once I can tuck away enough cash, I'm doing away with the PCM and going to a full compliment of autometer gauges in the dash. they have so many failsafes to make sure the engine lasts, when you swap it out, nothing else wants to work...