Acceleration problem

addictedtodezel

Alright I thought I could deal with this, but I'm starting to get sick of it now.
Whenever I start to accelerate from a dead stop I will get a big thud and then the truck takes off, you can feel the thud in the truck but I don't really hear anything. That's sort of the best way I can describe it. I need to brake boost the truck to see if the motor mounts are bad, but any other ideas other than motor mounts?

The transfer case got worked on about 4 months ago and got taken apart, don't know if that could be a culprit

Any help will be much appreciated.

Yes auto, billet single, alto clutches, custom valve body by per4mance innovations, and cryo hardened input.

If you shift the auto tranny in "L" (manual 1st gear) do you still get the thud at takeoff?

I haven't tried taking off with the shifter on 1st I'll give that a try.

I can't really remember if the truck was doing it before the transfer case was worked on since as soon as I got the truck it went to the shop, but thats what I'm really thinking it is since the day I left the shop from getting it worked on it started doing it. What in the transfer case would cause this? All they did was replace all the seals.

U-joints all seems to be in good shape.

With the gear selector on 1st it doesn't seem to do it as bad but I can still feel it a little bit. Its the worst after I stop pretty hard.

rearend maybe? my rearend on my 99 started getting slack in it after 300k miles and would do what your describing. jack it up in the rear, spin the wheels by hadn and you would feel it if thats what it is.