Adjustable pump gear and Timing cover w/access

I got the holdy-feely product tour down at Woodruff's a few weekends ago, that's why I recommended him. I have not seen any others in action. That design just made sense.

Jerrod the eastsiders told me they dont run an adjustable set up. They have it set and thats that.
I still havent seen the PDW set up and havent heard anything back from Woodruff on theirs.

I don't have pictures, sorry. The product is mostly for street trucks that want to run 36* on the track and dial back to 24* to drive home.

It wouldn't be hard to make, I have some ideas on what to do. Easiest thing is to just have two gears and use them to make one.

That was why I wanted it Brandon. The push button ease of the electronic age just doesnt apply to the P-pumps. So as it goes together if there can be some provision's made, I'm all for it.

I dont quite follow you Dan, use two gears to make one gear?

Here is EEP adjustable Cam gear, pump gear should be the same designe

cam%20gear.jpg

adjust%20cam%20gea.jpg

the pump gear from woodruff is on an accentric is what they told me i asked them if it was like the cam gear they said no accentric

We are in the process of gathering pictures of the pump gear and the cover. Once they are available we will have them posted to the thread. Thanks.

That was why I wanted it Brandon. The push button ease of the electronic age just doesnt apply to the P-pumps. So as it goes together if there can be some provision's made, I'm all for it.

I dont quite follow you Dan, use two gears to make one gear?
Did you want one or did you want to pattern yours off of the best design? When I was at Woodruff's last, Josh was extremely busy and had a call backlog of over a week. :doh:

That makes sense then about the backlog. I am not giving up on it, just stating I hadnt heard back yet to know anything about Woodruff's.

The pictures below are of a cam gear and billet front cover. The cam gear and the pump gear are the same exact design. Each inner hole is 1* of adjustment. The billet cover shows cam access and a front mount for an aux. fuel supply. The plate to access the pump gear is designed to work with your stock oil fill as well.

Attachments

• AdjustCamgear.jpg
    AdjustCamgear.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 94
  • billetfrontcov.jpg
    billetfrontcov.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 91
Thanks Cory. Please shoot me over prices
You have an 18* swing in adjustment?

There is actually 10* + or - which should be plenty for any application.

Have you saw a benefit in indexing the cam?

My cam is cut on a 96 degree lobe center, and is installed @ 95 degrees at the crank. With a forced induction motor there is alot going on when you start advancing the cam for higher RPM power.

The benefit is more flexability in tuning. This is not a plug and play product. Your gain will be in adjusting the cam gear to find the horsepower in the area you want.