Adrenaline Users

CAT Doc

For those using Quad's Adrenaline, do you still think that this chip produces 180RWHP and 420LbFt torque as described on the advertisement? I know that when they changed the tunes to keep the boxes from burning up, that it killed the power, I've tried every tune in BETA, the 4k tunes kill my truck, I know for a fact that I have seen at least 4200RPM last year, but not now. I know they say that the Pulse tuning is the way to go, but for $300.00 more, is it giving the 180hp?? No new updates since November, just wanting to know.

not on mine it don`t
pulse is nice but ya have to pay more for the fuel pressure kit even if you bought the fuel pressure sender to begin with
$90 if you didn`t and another $45 if you all ready payed the $90 to begin with
my pulse went blank a few weeks ago and now I got surge like ya wouldn`t beleive
save your money

The ADR will dyno higher without the Smarty...Also possibly run better at higher rpm's without the Smarty...

I's sell the Smarty and get a Pulse.

im thinking about buying an adrenaline because of the warning features and the turbo timer. switching from a comp. is it worth it? i mean i am not trying to go huge huge power. eventually a turbo and injectors... but i was thinking about the ADR. right now. so does this mean i should stay with the comp?

The ADR will dyno higher without the Smarty...Also possibly run better at higher rpm's without the Smarty...

I's sell the Smarty and get a Pulse.

The Smarty does hurt bottom end on the dyno, but I saw the Adrenaline by itself fall off power sooner. With Smarty, I had almost 500hp at 4k rpm, without Smarty power started to fall to like 400hp. I'm keeping Smarty on mine.

The Smarty does hurt bottom end on the dyno, but I saw the Adrenaline by itself fall off power sooner. With Smarty, I had almost 500hp at 4k rpm, without Smarty power started to fall to like 400hp. I'm keeping Smarty on mine.

Good real world info.

I guess that being said you should keep the Smarty. I wish I still had mine for the code readerLOL

Cummins724, did you ever dyno the ADR vs Comp? I think thats the real question in this thread, and I'd love to see the ADR win:shake:

As far adding 180ho and 420tq, no I doubt it. BUT, have you ever bought any product of any kind-EVER, that produce the power increase claimed? I don't think so.

Good real world info.

I guess that being said you should keep the Smarty. I wish I still had mine for the code readerLOL

Cummins724, did you ever dyno the ADR vs Comp? I think thats the real question in this thread, and I'd love to see the ADR win:shake:

I didn't have a comp to test. Sorry. I can say this though....I think the Adrenaline is way stronger on my truck.

The ad says UP TO 180hp/420tq. You will not get that with a stock setup. The 180hp figure came from a truck dynoed with bigger sticks, etc. All aggressive wire tap boxes will make roughly the same PEAK power. The bottom line is the adrenaline give you more adjustability and more options than any other product out there. When I played with the custom tuning on the pulse I turned my truck into a totally different animal.

The ad says UP TO 180hp/420tq. You will not get that with a stock setup. The 180hp figure came from a truck dynoed with bigger sticks, etc. All aggressive wire tap boxes will make roughly the same PEAK power. The bottom line is the adrenaline give you more adjustability and more options than any other product out there. When I played with the custom tuning on the pulse I turned my truck into a totally different animal.

When Quad dynoed, I thought he said it got those numbers with only a 62/65/14 & Fass pump?

well tell ya what the reports coming back about the new fp kits ain`t good
so lets see the first senders $90 then if i had bought the new fp kit that ain`t working on some another $45 and so on and so on...........:bang:hehe::badidea:

And how is it that you "saw 4200 rpm" but don't now? Drag Comp only fuels to 3200, while several ADR files allow full fuel to 4000?

And how is it that you "saw 4200 rpm" but don't now? Drag Comp only fuels to 3200, while several ADR files allow full fuel to 4000?

I can still hit 4200rpm+ on the street no problem. I just can't launch from a dead stop at 4k+. It is because of the way that Quad is doing the fueling. I tried to sled pull last year & couldn't come out the hole over 3400 or my truck would pop something fierce. If Quad fixes that issue, I'm selling the Redline for sure.

my truck still shuts down with anything more than about 3600!

mine pulls like heck all the way to 4200+ scared the shiz outta me too! I bought mine for the safeties and adjustments and although I think the FP thing stinks (sorry Quad!) it is no worse than the 3 cyberdyne FP gauges that keep burning out! I also would've made the pulse to unplug from the harness to make updates easier without a laptop. but you really only have to do that once. I have run a few boxes and feel I have kept the best one. JMHO.

my truck still shuts down with anything more than about 3600!
OOOOPS....forgot to mention that I'm running the tune from October. The November tunes shut my truck down at 3200 no matter what setting I had it on. Sorry Limited, I forgot about those new tunes....I don't even count them as updates, totally worthless to me.
mine pulls like heck all the way to 4200+ scared the shiz outta me too! I bought mine for the safeties and adjustments and although I think the FP thing stinks (sorry Quad!) it is no worse than the 3 cyberdyne FP gauges that keep burning out! I also would've made the pulse to unplug from the harness to make updates easier without a laptop. but you really only have to do that once. I have run a few boxes and feel I have kept the best one. JMHO.

What tune are you running? I fixed my fuel pressure gauge...by saying piss on it & keeping my Dipricol gauge.

OOOOPS....forgot to mention that I'm running the tune from October. The November tunes shut my truck down at 3200 no matter what setting I had it on. Sorry Limited, I forgot about those new tunes....I don't even count them as updates, totally worthless to me.

What tune are you running? I fixed my fuel pressure gauge...by saying piss on it & keeping my Dipricol gauge.

I run 2007, i think I updated in oct too. Quad says warranty is void without nov. update! WTF? the nov update is that bad?:poke:

i went from a comp to my adr/pulse...i have the 2000 tunes loaded now and i can say it feals better than the comp. I havnt played with the custom tunes yet but i have looked at them and what others are running and such.
i feal the adr has more down low and obviously has some more up top...(4k tunes and such if you have the supporting mods to run it)

just my .02...i wont go back to a comp.

I run 2007, i think I updated in oct too. Quad says warranty is void without nov. update! WTF? the nov update is that bad?:poke:

With my injectors, I can't run them. The tunes are awesome until 3200rpm, then the truck shuts off completely. I have too many local guys who like to run me & I won't be caught with my truck shutting down.