Aerodynamic question

Brett, I know that a single stack would be lighter,,, but I just cant do it,, lol,, I need to lose weight somewheres else,, just cant do a single, dont like the way it looks... lol

Brett, I know that a single stack would be lighter,,, but I just cant do it,, lol,, I need to lose weight somewheres else,, just cant do a single, dont like the way it looks... lol

No stack, just an aluminum down pipe out the fender... :st:

Yeah my comment was not in response to your post it was referring to Preston's.

Billy's toenail clippings know more about going fast than Wade will possibly ever know.
Learn how to pick your battles Wade...Billy is in the big leagues...you're still playing t-ball.

I'll trade you some clippings for a smoke switch schematic! LOL- thanks for the kind words guys. I have not seen that video before. Thanks for the link. That was a good day.

What kind of speeds? Aero is a totally new thing, and it behaves very abnormally. I've logged about 40 hours in wind tunnels the last 5 years and do a lot of CFD work. Maybe I'll whip something up.

The shipping weight of a pair of bedsides and the FiberWerx 1-piece front end (hood with integrated fenders and fender extensions) with the 2x3 wood shipping crate weighed less than 100 lbs... so I'd say yes it was lighter... I would guess that the steel hood weighs something similar to that... I haven't scaled any of it yet so I don't know for sure but that is my guess.

For a hood it would depend if it had internal structure or not...

From memory you were dealing with a chevy? They use old school construction that uses enough steel to allow glass to be lighter. In dodge and ford apps the glass weighs more than the tin.

Kevin, I would have just bought some bed skins from dodge and made aluminum supports to hold them in thier respective places. The skins weigh about 30-40lbs.

Mine is cutout to the bed skins and I run a cover. Now that im thinking about it might pull the keeper pin's off the gate and see how bad the rear section lifts going down the track. (not a wide open pass of course build up to it)