AFC help?

muz

I'm runnng 5x14's with 10 thou lift a 62/71/14 phat shaft. 10 plate, I've taken 90 thou off the rear of the AFC foot, boost is around 38psi afc set around mid way, SAtarwheel & 'smoke screw' adjusted. The problem I have is controling smoke, Am I missing something or do you think I need to step down to as 5x12? Also does anyone have a video of a 12 valve running 'clean' as I'm not sure If I'm expecting too much

Move the afc back towards the fire wall, it will limit fuel but limit task travel. Good luck

top end or bottom end smoke? different adjustments for each...

bottom end smoke is pre boost screw

top end (WOT) is the plate

im runnin 16's and i can keep my bottom end clean with pre boost adjustment, not 100% clean but i would say 95%

to be honest its a little at low end then it clears then heavy at the top end i guess its just getting the balance right?

more adjusting then.... You just get to the point where your going backwards! I saw the thread on the cable adjuster it looks a good set up

its a love and hate relationship between me and my afc

ever since i got the spring set pretty good i just put small bits of turns into my preboost in or out depending on weather and it runs great in any condition.

once i get all my air dog on and my dv's in im gonna have to put a plate back in it because i will have excess fuel for wot everyday driving

1 other point, I've read alot of AFC posts & theres a lot of conflict as to weather the smoke screw or the starwheel is the fine adjustment, any clues?

it is 2 different adjustments

pre boost controls fuel before any boost is made (this is what effect turbo spooling)

star wheel adjust spring tension, this controls the rate at which the afc arm moves forward due to boost, if its set light it will move to full forward very soon (before max boost) and make smoke

star wheel too tight and it will not move to full forward

ya want afc arm to move to full foward at about 2/3 of full boost

you can use shop at to test the rate at which the afc arm moves, gotta take the afc off to watch it move when you put shop air top the diaphram

Thanks man thats cleared it up, I'll rig up some gauges later

Back