AFE, MBRP, SCT Installed

Lifted94XLT

well, kinda. The AFE and MBRP are here, the SCT comes tomorrow, so I'll just update this as I get them, it'll take me a coupla days to get pictures, b/c CarDomain is down.

I installed my AFE Stage II XP system today. Pretty easy install, took about an hour to install, and the instructions were... so, so...... detailed, but I still had to do some figurin out for myself (not a big deal). let's see, a coupla tools I needed that weren't listed in instructions:: 8mm wrench to disconnect battery terminals, pliers for the coolant bottle hose clamps. Everything pretty good, the only complaint I have is that I'm gonna have to relocate my underhood light b/c it lines up perfectly ontop of the seal of the air box when the hood is closed and hits it. As far as the intake working...... at idle, I could hear no difference, and at an "in park rev", no difference. I took it for a test drive, and I noticed I could hear the turbo a lot better inside (not in volume, just sooner, and had a different tone), the exhaust note was a tad deeper (with stock straight-piped exhaust) and was a little louder under harder acceleration. EGTs under full throttle never rose above around 750.... very impressed. That's all for now, I'll post pics when CarDomain is back up. I'm gonna be installed the Exhaust last tonight at my buddy's shop, b/c I can't fit my truck in my garage and its 26* outside.

--Ryan

Nice...Just wait until the tune goes in LOL it will be a different truck.
Who did your tuning?

nummit said:
Nice...Just wait until the tune goes in LOL it will be a different truck.
Who did your tuning?

DJ, I'm gettin mine blank, then am gonna have to email Vivian back with my comp code, so DJ can write the files.

Dalpilot said:
Go buy new tires now, LOL

I"m gonna try REAL hard not to need any, but I can't guarantee anything. I can't wait for that Looney tune though.

--Ryan

you can upload the pics here on Comp. Just go to photos at the top and add them here.
Dex

BFD99, Thanks man.

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

Hope it works.

Looks really nice! You're going to wish you had gotten the SCT sooner once you hit the go pedal for the first time. :rockwoot:

SuperDave4x4 said:
Looks really nice! You're going to wish you had gotten the SCT sooner once you hit the go pedal for the first time. :rockwoot:

oh man, with just the intake in. I already wish I woulda done all this sooner!!

Not gonna be able to install the exhaust tonight, hopefully tomorrow night.

it helps to cut the downpipe in half to get it out easier, instead of the getting the stock one out in 1 piece too.

dont forgot, if you get bored do the zoodad mod with the intake too, that oughta help too.

i was gonna try and keep it in tact (the downpipe) and just drop the tranny xmember, but I may just cut it. the Zoodad is on my "to-do" list.

Hi Ryan,

I just tracked it and you should receive it tomorrow. Send us the strategy asap so we can send you the tunes. Your enthusiam has us anxious too!

DJ says we don't provide warranty on your tires :umno: :hehe:

Thanks,
Vivian

MOMBENZ said:
Hi Ryan,

I just tracked it and you should receive it tomorrow. Send us the strategy asap so we can send you the tunes. Your enthusiam has us anxious too!

DJ says we don't provide warranty on your tires :umno: :hehe:

Thanks,
Vivian

oh don't worry, I'll probably email you the strategy about 10minutes after I recieve it (after I get off work. haha). I don't wanna keep y'all waitin!! :rockwoot: And once again, I appreciate all y'alls help, you, DJ, and Chris. SCT's gonna have to offer an optional Tire wear warranty..... or at least.... they should :evil

--Ryan

A little birdie told me he should be loading very soon :pop: :pop:

Thanks,
Vivian