AFE, MBRP, SCT Installed

ok wow...... sorry, I was out all night last night hangin with some buddies and didn't even know Vivian sent the tunes til this morning!! and I was at work so I couldn't do anything about it til I got off work thiw afternoon. Made for a VERY long day!! but lemme update....

ok, Tuesday night, I installed the MBRP 4" Turbo Back T-409 kit, which I straight piped. Not too bad of an install, the downpipe was a pain in the butt (I ended up cuttin it in half), but the rest of it went rather smooth. The only thing I really have left "to do" is I have to trim back the tailpipe about 5" so I can put my tip on, b/c right now it'd stick out WAY too far. I took it out for a test drive and was was impressed that it was a tad louder than I was used to, and the whistle at idle was louder tooo (remember, my fac. exhaust was straight-piped). didn't really feel any perf. differences.

Now, the one everybody's been waiting for.....

HOLY CRAP!!!!! :rockwoot:

As soon as I got home, I raced to my computer so I could download the tunes DJ and Vivian had sent me. I had to make a fool outta myself b/c I'm a little computer stupid and was unsure about what program I had to use to put the tunes from my laptop to my programmer, but after I quick call to DJ and Vivian, Vivian had me all straightened out. I got the tunes loaded onto the SCT (Tow, Street, and Looney) and I headed outside to the truck. I loaded... what else.... the Looney tune in and sat very impatiently while to reprogrammed the ECM and then stored my stock program. after that, it was time to go. I pulled outta my driveway, took it slow up and outta my neighborhood (waiting for the truck to warm up) turn out, and got ON IT!!! WOW!!! Lit up my 35"s like they were slicks, kicked me sideways, and I was off!!! puffed a little smoke, but was gettin! The only complaint I have is that it doesn't wanna shift at WOT into the next gear unless I let off the gas, then get back on it (???). and when it did shift, i woulda liked them to be a little stiffer. That was about 2hours ago when I pulled out for the first time. I just got back home, and whew. I'm worn out. I'm VERY impressed with the one tune I've tried out, and hopefully, if I can get this shiftin thing figured out, I"ll be 100% satisfied.

--Ryan :st:

Time to go update my Signature

Give it a few medium runs through the gears then a few hard runs through the gears...the trans should learn all it needs to by then and be OK.

thanks, I'll give that a shot and see what happens. good excuse to go for another drive later tonight :D

no crap!!! its ALMOST (i said almost) too much power. heck, I broke the tires loose when I tried a 4wd launch. wow...... street around here are still a little damp, so its hard to get traction anyway.

Sounds good. Im looking to get a SCT for my truck, I just can`t decide to just get the Xcal2 or wait for the livewire. I think Im going to give Innovative Diesel a call since I live close to their shop.

I bought my intake and exhaust from ID.... delt with Ted. good guy, really helpful..... I didn't really see a point in the livewire since its not an instant tune change, i'd rather be able to hide mine away.