aftermarket intake elbow performance?

JMachemer

S&B, AFE, CFM, ATS, BD, and Banks. Anyone have any experiance with these intake elbows? I see most of them are Cast Aluminum and price range from $280 to almost $400. If i buy one i am leaning toward the S&B ( i have their intake and it seems to be the least expensive )

Will i see an extra 10+whp on my next dyno run and feel a difference in real world driving and MPG? or would I ask myself why I wasted my money on a cosmetic device when i thought i was getting a performance device?

IMO I wouldn't waste the money. Take that money and save for something like bigger injectors, turbo, lift pump etc. not an intake.

Don't wasted your money cosmetic device that is all it is
if u want more power ez buy a water/meth kit make sure u get the 220 pump in it if u make over 30psi of boost

Last edited:
If you have the skills and eqiupment or a friend with equipment and skills, get a piece of flat 1/4" steel and some prebent exhaust pipe and make your own. Then you can paint it whatever color you want. Maybe even add some bungs for water/meth in the future, even a boost port. JM.02

Jeff Garmon runs a stock one on his 10 second pro street truck...I think they are for looks that's it!

thats the only reason i have one, for the predrilled and tapped ports in it, saved a little time and looks nicer

buy one from ebay, i got mine for 160 shipped from florida... mine was raw but you can tell them to paint it or add extra stuff... good little unit

ive seen some dyno sheets that showed it helped build power earlier in the rpm band, but had no effect on peak. ive seen the ebay ones but like it was said...i can weld so maybe ill make one for myself

the neck down are in a cr intake is a killer...bought mine from hellman had him lenghten it to delete the heater grid...cant say it helped but looks awesome

buy one from ebay, i got mine for 160 shipped from florida... mine was raw but you can tell them to paint it or add extra stuff... good little unit

Good lord!!!!!! $160 from fleabay?? what a rip off,

Polished stainless ones with bungs go for around that if you shop right, but id rather build my own.

Built my own and noticed a drop in EGTs and spool up seemed to increase. How could they not help? The grid heater is the ultimate c0ck block for the incoming air but a smoother flowing intake horn makes up for it a bit.

I wouldnt expect to see any increase in peak HP but I could see how it could possibly help spoolup.

Good lord!!!!!! $160 from fleabay?? what a rip off,

Polished stainless ones with bungs go for around that if you shop right, but id rather build my own.

where can i find the polished ones? thanks.