Aftermarket Trans Cooler W/Fan... Wiring?

Hurley that size is you like to get rid of my factory to make room. You dont have any cooling issues sled pulling maybe?

Thats a nice unit!!!

Now to figure out why I have no 3rd...... Big time learning curve being my first manual VB auto......

Well, its mounted, and somewhat wired up.... Rick Fox gave me some good links to what I need since he helped put the trans in and knows what the exact set up is. So Huge props to a good guy!!!

Not the prettiest, but simple, cheap and gets the job done!!! Had to mount it this way because I didnt have much slack in the lines to get it turned, but I dont think it will matter much.

20150322_200047_zpsw070t1xj.jpg

Hope that works. Haven't heard people having to good of luck with tube and fin coolers. Most change to a bar and plate style.

Hope that works. Haven't heard people having to good of luck with tube and fin coolers. Most change to a bar and plate style.

I know its not the best in the world, but it came with the trans. Temp didnt get over 180* this morning, so looking good so far......

I would put it under the body, build protection around it(expanded metal). I would suspect better airflow as well. If you build your protection right, anything that would hit it and destroy the protection, would probably cause other problems as well.

I would put it under the body, build protection around it(expanded metal). I would suspect better airflow as well. If you build your protection right, anything that would hit it and destroy the protection, would probably cause other problems as well.

I've been looking for a spot on mine. I fill the bed up too often to toss one back there and not get wood in the bed anymore. There's less room under the truck then I thought there'd be. If my fuel tank were just a little smaller...

I was thinking about routing the lines over the frame rails at the cab/bed split and using up some of the space between the bed and the body for the bed.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a spot on mine. I fill the bed up too often to toss one back there and not get wood in the bed anymore. There's less room under the truck then I thought there'd be. If my fuel tank were just a little smaller...

I was thinking about routing the lines over the frame rails at the cab/bed split and using up some of the space between the bed and the body for the bed.

I put mine on the drivers side basically just behind the drivers seat. If you got crafty you could probably put it up on one of the bed sides, or possibly back by the spare tire.

Where mine was at, my fear was rocks from the tire, so I used expanded metal to protect it from rocks, and then some screen to protect it from mud and what not.

All of mine was made with hydraulic lines, so I wasn't worried really worried much about how it was routed.

Last edited:
I put mine on the drivers side basically just behind the drivers seat. If you got crafty you could probably put it up on one of the bed sides, or possibly back by the spare tire.

Where mine was at, my fear was rocks from the tire, so I used expanded metal to protect it from rocks, and then some screen to protect it from mud and what not.

All of mine was made with hydraulic lines, so I wasn't worried really worried much about how it was routed.

I use Aeroquip PushLock, and some barb AN fittings, so I can easily rout it anywhere. I just hadn't thought about routing it all the way to where the spare tire would normally mount. That's not a bad idea. Now I'm thinking I should drop the tank and redo the cooler back there, fuel lines, and brake lines all at once. Get it nice and cleaned up and protected.

So did you just pretty much put a screen like this a ways in front of it to collect mud and rocks from hitting it? (painted obviously so it doesn't rust)
expandedsupport.jpg

I use Aeroquip PushLock, and some barb AN fittings, so I can easily rout it anywhere. I just hadn't thought about routing it all the way to where the spare tire would normally mount. That's not a bad idea. Now I'm thinking I should drop the tank and redo the cooler back there, fuel lines, and brake lines all at once. Get it nice and cleaned up and protected.

So did you just pretty much put a screen like this a ways in front of it to collect mud and rocks from hitting it? (painted obviously so it doesn't rust)
expandedsupport.jpg

I went ahead and put some fine screen on this as well, figured it would allow it to be removed easily.