ahale's 2wd shortbed 1stgen build

^mint!

i'll order some, the bracket off the side of the 2wd frame is pretty flimsy looking anyways, plus i'm already about 2-3 inches lower than stock with the cut coils that are in it.

You'd be better to ditch the RH and go with a manual valve body RE. No governor bs on the RE tail shaft. AFAIK, nobody makes a billet output for the 2wd RE or RH, but I think the Suncoast large output will work with a 2wd??

You'd be better to ditch the RH and go with a manual valve body RE. No governor bs on the RE tail shaft. AFAIK, nobody makes a billet output for the 2wd RE or RH, but I think the Suncoast large output will work with a 2wd??

That was the plan either way. Manual VB re.

It should be done by monday, ill keep you guys updated

i have quite a few broken 47RH 2wd outputs, couple from sled pulling and couple from being stupid on the street and locking the converter in 1st off the line.

i went with purple parts, it was the last set up they had laying around from the dragster. it looks like the suncoast but different lol

if needed i can find a couple 3 pics of it if needed

i have quite a few broken 47RH 2wd outputs, couple from sled pulling and couple from being stupid on the street and locking the converter in 1st off the line.

i went with purple parts, it was the last set up they had laying around from the dragster. it looks like the suncoast but different lol

if needed i can find a couple 3 pics of it if needed

I'd like to see some pics!

the flange in locked to the shiny billet piece somehow and comes off when you unbolt it.....so i was told

Attachments

• trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
  • carnage.jpg
    carnage.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
So are the shafts from a 47re interchangable to a 47rh ? .... do u have to replace most of the parts accordingly... or just all of them ?

the 94 finally gave up its heart. had the motor out start to finish in 1hr 15min

BD726787-F2AC-4EAA-83F7-8B359DDAB9DC-195-00000009E55571DE_zps9bd8a5e7.jpg

DD165E4A-75E8-4560-B214-94E46C314CC5-195-00000009F210330C_zps5dcc4d36.jpg

not pretty but its going in just like it is just to get the 89 rolling.

painted the frame today, did a rough hack-off of the rotted part of the frame, ive only got about 6 inches behind the rear cab mount. time for brake lines, set the motor in, mock up the clearance of the cab, build a trans crossmember, and 4link.

668060CD-CA34-4DD8-9228-0C0AADDA2A21-195-00000009DDE25202_zpse8006d99.jpg

finally have a tad of cash to play with so i'll invest wisely at first to get the things done that will get it on the road.

question for the 1stgen crowd.... anyone ever seen a manual steering box? i'd like to ditch the PS.. i'm a fan of ditching the non essentials.

btw I was thinking backwards, I converted it from SRW to DRW, and now I need to convert back LOL

Last edited:
Are you dead-set on no power steering? I'm thinking you will face-palm when your hand slips off the wheel from wrenching.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

How did you support the frame when you cut it? Is that what the 4"x4" steel tube is with the lift points?

Not dead set on no PS, but I like the idea.

I did not jig the frame before I cut it. Its a clean slate, so other than the body mounts, it can be anything I want it to be. When i get to the point of fabrication, I will square it up.

I need 4 link advice. i know nothing of coil overs...

This week I will start ordering some goods.