Air Dog Or Fass???????

12vdaddy

I am in the prosess of biulding a 1998 12v. I need some advice on these 2 systems? I am reading up but some things are better just asked here.... Got anything guys?

I would go AirDog. Cheaper and comes with 1/2" lines and fittings vs the FASS with only 3/8".

This question almost always turns into a big pissing match. Both are good, but neither is perfect. You can't really go wrong either way.

I love my FASS, but I've never tried an AD.
And I've never seen any data to support that 3/8" line is a restriction, but I still run 1/2" supply. 3/8" does seem too small on the suction side to me from basic hydraulic calculations

Aeromotive A1000 also moves some fuel...

well i belive that i am going to go ad just because i am with ya you probably cant go wrong with either

Shouldnt be any pissing matches unless its between customers I guess. Cause if Dan starts bashing our stuff...:kick: Its on!! Haha, no Dans a great guy. But get yourself an AirDog. Good looking pump thats quiet and is a complete kit with everything you need. Has a lifetime warranty and if you ever need help you have someone to get in touch with each and everyday no matter what. But if you call and wake me up the service may not be to friendly:hehe:

i run fass, 150/180, no problems. half of us will go one way, other half will go the other, both are good products.

had both and I prefer the AirDog. But thats just me. Charles help and service was awesome when I was setting up my AirDog/Raptor system. Airdog is quite a bit smaller than a FASS also making it easier to mount.

I think that an important difference that may be helpful to know, that I forgot to mention, is how they do their customer service.

DPP (FASS) directs its most of its problems and repairs through its dealers. This means you may be able to have a tech look at the system and diagnose/reapir it on site. The con to that is they may or may not be a expert on the systems and may or may not be easy to deal with and helpful. If you have a good local shop this could be great, if your local shop is bad hopefully you bought from a good dealer.

Pure Flow (AD) does a lot of its customer service through the main company itself. That means when you have a problem and you can in, you will get an AD expert every time. But this means that you deal with the system with their help. This could be good if you are good (not just think you are:poke:) with diagnosing and fixing problems or you live in a remote area or travel a lot.

AirDog, FASS, and Aeromotive are all great systems and have been proven reliable

I have a FASS 150-180
Have had a couple fuel leaks but Dan at FASS overnited parts. GREAT customer service.

Will try a AD in the future due to limitations of size where I need to re-locate my pump my FASS won't fit. Need something smaller....

Is there a picture available of what comes in the kits?

Scratch that. Just checked out websites...crazy what research will turn up for you. :hehe:

Pm me email addresses and I can send you over manuals and things. Here is a pic of the size differences in the 150 units.

Last edited:
Is that a 150/150 FASS? It looks like a 150/180 to me but idk. The 95 series (in all GPH) are also smaller if you have a size concern.

And Fleetgaurd filters and filter heads can be had in many sizes if you go the Aeromotive route.

Are there no online AD manuals available anywhere?

Whats a FASS or Air Dog ?

Stock lift pump here... LOL I need to do something about that, 7psi on the last dyno run at WOT.

hmm notice the filter on the fass says HF and the air does says FF. ever fleetgaurd filter ive instaled HF means hydraulic filter and FF means fuel filter... just throwing it out there. they could filter the same dont rely know

Is that a 150/150 FASS? It looks like a 150/180 to me but idk. The 95 series (in all GPH) are also smaller if you have a size concern.

And Fleetgaurd filters and filter heads can be had in many sizes if you go the Aeromotive route.

Are there no online AD manuals available anywhere?

Heres a FASS 95 and and AirDog 150 to for size concerns. Still smaller. :poke:

Last edited:
so Im new to the 12 valve crowd but not the 24 valve crowd. I know this is the first mod to be done on a 24 V since the lift pumps are crap but why would I need one on the 12 valve. (besides low pressure) I have heard of people stretching their over flow spring and that raises pressure. Is this true and if so why don't people just do that?

Also kinda on subject, what is FP suppose to be at idle-15psi? WOT-20ish? 20ish under a load?

FYI if you have a shotrbed the airdog wont fit in between transfer case and fuel tank. You have to put it on the outside of the rail or get a bracket from fass to put it on the inside of the frame rail.