AIR intake Temps related to HP

Dropped the air/air. Went from 200F to ~600F IAT. Power dropped from 608 to 446. Also melts pistons.

Nice to see some actual numbers. Makes me want to add an intercooler.....and some timing.....and a lockup converter....:lolly:

Dropped the air/air. Went from 200F to ~600F IAT. Power dropped from 608 to 446. Also melts pistons.
I forgot to turn my fans on, on one of my runs and my normal 150*-160* jumped to nice toasty 400* plus. I did some playing with my street truck with 150hp injectors and a set of twins and ambient air temps were around the mid 90's and the IAT were 123* pulling my enclosed trailer. Don't under estimate even the power of a stock intercooler keeping the air temps down I was quite shocked at how well they work. I logged all this on my Modis will driving to a pull.
You running a Spearco?

Yea I run the big 3" thick spearco

Don't under estimate even the power of a stock intercooler keeping the air temps down I was quite shocked at how well they work. I logged all this on my Modis will driving to a pull.

X2. With enough airflow over A/A factory units (say 50 mph+) I was datalogging on the way to a dyno session and at ambient 55F and couldn't get the manifold air temps above 65F no matter what I did. And that was at full zoot going up through some serious hills.

Hopped on the dyno and manifold air temps just went up and up and up every pass....200F, 215F, 225F.... Big circular fan didn't do chit.

Even in summer temps, the OEM CAC keeps differential <25*F at WOT... almost always run out of road or RPM prior to heat soak.

Back