Air to water pump ?

05hummincummins

smoked ya
I have read numerous different opinions on this . Do i need a pump that flows 35-55 gpm or do i need some thing that will flow 3-5 gpm? also what pump are u guys using? This is the first air to water i have messed with so im new to this . Any help would be appreciated. Also any pics of how u mounted your ice tanks and pumps looking for some ideas. I was thinking of mounting my ice tank between the seats since i removed the consol.

Thanks in advance

thats what i have been told but on the other hand just say u put 10 gallon of water and 50 lbs of ice, wouldnt u be recirculating warm water? Or is my ice to water estamate off? once again this is my first air to water setup.

I think Up In Smoke ment the more GPM the better.
I have a dual core water to air setup and have it plumed sepertly (1 cooler and pump per core) and can melt almost 100 lbs in a single pull. I run 20 GPM pumps and 1" lines

You only need enough water to circulate, you don't want it too watered down before the pull. Add a little salt to it too :evil just make sure you flush the system with salt free water when your done.

I think Up In Smoke ment the more GPM the better.
I have a dual core water to air setup and have it plumed sepertly (1 cooler and pump per core) and can melt almost 100 lbs in a single pull. I run 20 GPM pumps and 1" lines

You ever measured your intake temps? Just wondering
And imho right around 60gpm pumps.

More the better...we went from a 13 gpm pump to a 25 gpm and seen a big difference.

You ever measured your intake temps? Just wondering
And imho right around 60gpm pumps.

Not yet. It was added late last season. I hope to have that data this year if all goes right.
I can tell you that there is less than a pound of ice left in the first cooler. Where the second cooler will have 4-5 lbs left in it.
(Sorry I know that had nothing to do with your question but just something I found interesting)

If anybody knows where we can get 60 gallons per minute pumps that doesn't weigh 1500 lbs please let me know. If u find 60 gallons per hour that will run on 12 volt I would like one of those as well Thanks in advance

i always just run enough water to fill up the whole system so it keeps a steady charge of water and no air. then for my ice box i use an actual cooler that i plumbed fittings into and its in the cab of the truck with me. then i chock the cooler full of as much ice as i can. i also try to make sure i put as cold of water in there as i can. now for the pump it came from grainger and it pumps more than enough. Ill have to find the part number and the specs on it and ill try to let you guys know.

Well i appreciate the infoon the pumps. now all i need to do is see sum pics to make sure im goin in the rite direction with routing the lines and mainly were to mount the pump.

Here is the pump i will be buying lil pricey but this is all i can find.
ABI this is a 55gpm pump may work for u also
Meziere Enterprises

If anybody knows where we can get 60 gallons per minute pumps that doesn't weigh 1500 lbs please let me know. If u find 60 gallons per hour that will run on 12 volt I would like one of those as well Thanks in advance

What were you running rocky? If you don't mind me askin.

This is the same brand pump I ran last year, It was not the same model but it was suppose to do around 25 gpm and it worked well with one on each a/w with each one having its own ice tank. It would melt almost all ice in first one and 2/3 in second one. I believe they were around $200 at jegs. They do not move anywhere near 25 gpm but they worked just fine.