Air to water pump ?

grainger.com

Tons of them. Bigger the better. Obviously you don't have to have a fire hydrant but the quicker and more water you get back to the tank to be cooled, the colder your intake stays.

Are you guys seeing better results out of running 2 smaller cores rather than 1 big one?

Now what kind of intercooler did u have jesse? i just purchased on off ebay i was thinking bout running 2 of them. The core is 10x9x4.5 with 3.5in inlet and outlet. I did modify it already oh because it only have 1 water inlet and 1water outlet so i took and drilled 2more holes in the bottom so i can run 2 supplies and 2 returns to flow a lil more water across it

u dont think that was big enuf? that is bigger than the one i just bought. im gna put some temp sensors in the charge pipes and do some dyno runs once i get the truck back together and go from ther.

don't get me wrong, it worked well. But I think I can do better. And I'm going to be asking more of the water/air setup once I get the new build together.

Whats everyone ones thoughts on running 2 medium size intercoolers and 2 pumps. Say two 18x13x4.5, thoughts?

Parallel would be a lotta piping and wasted space. Not to mention all the pipe the air will have to fill.

This is the same brand pump I ran last year, It was not the same model but it was suppose to do around 25 gpm and it worked well with one on each a/w with each one having its own ice tank. It would melt almost all ice in first one and 2/3 in second one. I believe they were around $200 at jegs. They do not move anywhere near 25 gpm but they worked just fine.

Any experience with the Stewart Pumps they sell in Jegs and Summitt?

Whats everyone ones thoughts on running 2 medium size intercoolers and 2 pumps. Say two 18x13x4.5, thoughts?

Couple of FPP Pro Stock trucks ran 'em like that in '09. Not sure if they kept the setup or not. (they were in series)

One of the good diesel RWYB trucks ran them like that as well, but again, not sure if they stuck with it or not.

Parallel would likely be a better choice but the plumbing would probably piss away some of the benefit.

Last edited: