airbags?

Dead Reckoning

hey i was wonder if ppl r using airbags for pullin and jw how they're making out with that setup. Also did u buy a direct kit say from air lift or just build your own.

Your better and cheaper off to build some adjustable/removeable bumpstops. If you rely solely on airbags as bumpstops you could start bouncing going down the track. Airbags belong on the tow rig hauling the puller not the puller itself in my opinion.

x2 there nice to have on the tow rig but if you have a set of stops they dont serve much purpose on a puller.

i have a complete set of firestone bags on my truck. i have yet to see any problems out of them and i have never hopped once while pulling with them for 3 years

i have a complete set of firestone bags on my truck. i have yet to see any problems out of them and i have never hopped once while pulling with them for 3 years
try no ganging weight then! air bags still have some (give) in them. If your allowed to run stops your much better off . dont get me wrong i have a set on my truck and i love them but when it comes to pulling with a dodge its much better to pull with no give than some give. take it for what its worth. you can make a set of stops for next to nothin or buy a set of 250$ bags

i've seen ppl pull wit bags and never seen anyone bounce

Ive got video of front tires coming off the ground with just bags. If you can run with weight out front youll prob be alright but if you cant it can get real stupid. fotr the couple hours that it would take to make them i say go with the stops.

x2 Just make stops I made some real stout stops out of a tool bar that was going to get scrapped you just need a piece of box tubing and a piece of plate welded to it with a hole drilled. You can drive to the pull put them in then pull then take them out. I believe House tried air bags in the PS and it hopped I could be wrong

pogo pogpo pogo with bags, with out smooth as a babys bottom

I have bag on my truck and with them aired up (if the rules alow most dont) the truck most of the time bounces big time. what I did was made a set of 1in stops with the air bag drained then set my leving valve up 3in so my stops are 4in off the axel i can use the truck all I want and it only hits the stops if i hit a big hole. Then when I get to the pull I shut off the air supply and drain the bags 1in travel redy to pull. plug back in the line bags air up and Im redy to drive home no tools required. I only pull my stops in the off season.

Air bags are great for pulling in some classes. I assume that your truck is still street driven? so we are talking w/s or 2.6 type class. NADM bags are legal. Solid stops are not. you must be able to show travel. Air bags are great for that. they dont give as much as the "1 inch of travel" you would have to have with a stop. The firestone kit may give some, but nobody ever said you couldnt slam a set of bags off a tag axle under your truck. (Mine are 20k bags and I run 120psi in them). They dont move much. Ive used them 3 years and havent had an issue. There are 6 trucks in my area doing the same and not one has had an issue. To conclude, SOLID is great when you can, But bags work great on a dd/puller.

Air bags are great for pulling in some classes. I assume that your truck is still street driven? so we are talking w/s or 2.6 type class. NADM bags are legal. Solid stops are not. you must be able to show travel. Air bags are great for that. they dont give as much as the "1 inch of travel" you would have to have with a stop. The firestone kit may give some, but nobody ever said you couldnt slam a set of bags off a tag axle under your truck. (Mine are 20k bags and I run 120psi in them). They dont move much. Ive used them 3 years and havent had an issue. There are 6 trucks in my area doing the same and not one has had an issue. To conclude, SOLID is great when you can, But bags work great on a dd/puller.

Where did you get your info from?:bang

Billy goat gruff dont lie, hes the enforcer. I tugged w/s twice with them last year and 2.6 three times including the invite. It says that you must be able to demonstrate travel not that it has to. Air bags can travel just need the proper counter weight.

Here is the w/s rule from nadms book
Suspension, Rear: An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. Lowering or raising the vehicle
height with suspension modifications is permitted. Traction bars and devices are
permitted; they must be bolt-on only; welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle
housing. All OEM suspension mounting points must be retained and used. Sway bars, limit
straps, and camber kits are permitted. The rear suspension must maintain a minimum
compression shock travel of one inch; compression stops must be adjustable. All rear suspensions
must use at least one working shock absorber per wheel. Airbag spring assistance is permitted;
airbag compressors must be disconnected.
Tires: The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited.

2.6 solid is legal. but like I said in previous post Bags are nice for the guy that dd his truck. Its real easy to let air out. No jack and tools to carry around to pulls.

I bought a set of bags from ebay ($90). and put on my 2wd for those orgs that had the dreaded 1 inch suspention travel rule. I just aired them enough to hold the truck up til the weight of the slep pulled me down on the solid stops. I dont even use them anymore, unless I get out and do a little dirt dragging.
Ill probablly take them off and put them on the tow rig this year.

Lynn