Airdog 165 Issues

nskyline34

This is my first post here on CompD so take it easy on me. I have a 2001 24v that has an intake, exhaust, edge comp (tapped), and I just installed an AD-165. I have the idle set at 20psi and at WOT I can draw it down to 12psi. I plan on a 62mm turbo and bigger injectors in a month or so but worried this pump cant keep up?? I did the stock pickup modification and am wondering if thats my restriction? No leaks or kinks so I'm not sure? I'm toying with doing something like a sump to see if it helps. Thoughts?

Oh yea, talked to AD and they werent much help...

20psi is a little on the high side at idle for me but have you checked the filters I know there pretty new but there could have been crap in the tank

air dog 200

I have a air dog 200 complete in box never used looking to sell hoses and everything you need

20psi is the top of the safe range. mine idles at 20-21psi and pulls WOT @ 17psi.

Whats bottum of the safe range. Mine idles at 15psi. Wide open maybe dips down to 13 with both tuners turned up round halfway. I have almost same set up as jigabop but no second turbo.

14psi to keep the overflow valve in the vp44 open constantly for cooling purposes...otherwise 10psi per bosch spec.

you can either stretch the regular spring a little bit to bump up the pressure, or use a washer as a shim for the spring to bump the pressure up..

20psi is safe to run at. 21-25psi is grey area where some older pumps may have issues, but most wont, and most modern reman pumps will not. 25+ is red zone... don't want any of the pumps up there or seals may go in them...