airdog died

jjrightmire1973

I replaced the batteries in my truck and got it started then the airdog let out a high pitched whine and 25 psi was the fuel pressure when normaly it is 17 psi then the pump stoped and I shut the truck down cause on 0 rail pressure. I blew the 20 amp fuse for the airdog so I replaced it and the airdog wont work, anybody know if the motor blew up in the airdog? or just a relay? can I buy a new relay anywhere?

could be your relay.. you can actually wire the pump up for testing purposes, by bypassing the relay.. but as far as i know, it may be better to get the relay from AD..

as far as i know, yes.. hopefully someone that knows for sure can chime in to verify.. if it looks anything like the relay on my '00, then ya, youll have to go to AD..

why would the airdog all of a sudden go wide open? well looks like I will have to order one in the morning and the truck will be down till next week, but its been down for awhile now anyway. thanks for the reply

just to inform....... the relay used is a Chrysler relay that most auto parts stores have in stock...