AirDog FP100 enough for 600 rwhp?

jvencius

I'm in the VERY early stages of planning for a motor swap in my '02 F-350 and am wondering--is the AirDog FP100 (I have one feeding my 7.3 now) enough of a lift pump for a streetable 600 RWHP on a single CP3/single charger or should I plan to upgrade to a larger pump before pulling the engine to convert? I figure the Ford AirDog is probably regulated differently to put out a different pressure than a Dodge-specific pump, but what harm would there be in feeding a CP3 at a pressure off of what they're planned for?

On edit: I did try to find the answer but my search-fu is weak tonight and I couldn't come up with a combination of search terms to find the answer I'm looking for.

Last edited:
I got my AD from David Murphy @ Dieselmanor and on his site it says the Ford-specific AirDog systems come pre-set for 10 psi. If I have to get a whole new pump, that's not a big deal since $500 would be a tiny drop in the bucket of money it'll take to cut two cylinders and 1.4 liters off my engine's displacement...

All the pumps are set differently for dodge, ford, and Chevy since they all have their own specific pressure going to the injection pump so if it's set for a ford you might want to send it back or buy a new one to run on a cummins but it depends on what cummins your going to run (12 valve,vp,cr)

All the pumps are set differently for dodge, ford, and Chevy since they all have their own specific pressure going to the injection pump so if it's set for a ford you might want to send it back or buy a new one to run on a cummins but it depends on what cummins your going to run (12 valve,vp,cr)

Ah--gotcha. Heck, if I could just bolt up a new AirDog to the bracket I already have, then sell the pump I have now, that wouldn't be such a bad deal and the $$$ wouldn't be too prohibitive either. It's going to be a long while until I do the conversion (~$15K takes a while to save up at $9/hr) so I'll have plenty of time to fuss over little details like this.

I got my AD from David Murphy @ Dieselmanor and on his site it says the Ford-specific AirDog systems come pre-set for 10 psi. If I have to get a whole new pump, that's not a big deal since $500 would be a tiny drop in the bucket of money it'll take to cut two cylinders and 1.4 liters off my engine's displacement...

u can get a different relief spring to bum up the pressure call charlie he's is a great guy and will take care of u

Since you have the AirDog supplement pump for the Fords. Everything will work just fine. You will need to change the spring up to a 15 psi spring rather than the 10 that is in there. That will only cost you a few bucks.

I thought you couldn't get springs for the AD. Heck if thats the case a stiffer spring would be fine but if it's like FASS they want you to send the pump to them so the warranty isn't voided.