Airdog vs. powerstep

Cummins_Bred

Cummins R&D Tech
I have an airdog II 165 on my 07 ram, and was wondering if anyone has had problems with the powersteps hitting the airdog/filters? I haven't seen powersteps on anything up close, in person, but the Airdog sticks out a bit and I'm afraid it will wind up in the way of the steps. I know the steps have a safety stop feature if it hit's too much resistance, but i'd prefer it if there was just never any contact period. Anyone have any issues? Just nice to know before i blow a grand on steps

Alright, your link didn't load any pics, but mine is outside the frame tucked as high out of the way as we could get it. If you didn't have any issues, i think i'll be ok, i can measure the difference on spacing between an LMM and mine to see, thanks for the info tho!

The pics are below the big picture, you just need to click on them.

Also i've spoken with TS and the Dodge they have with the amp steps on it is also running the AD on the outside of the frame. They used a smaller spacer block but you can just get shorter bolts and mount the bracket the same way i did.

I'll have to look at them after work, this computer doesn't want to load them. But thank you very much for the info!

Why don't you mount your pump inside the frame rail? I don't ever mount mine outside cause then you can see them easier.

the other good thing about mounting it on the inside of the frame rail is it is safer if you get t-boned where the pump is.

I helped him put the pump on, the fuel lines were hitting the transfer case unless we mounted it really low. Maybe you guys can share some installation pictures?

We've got a new bracket that i'll get some pics of in a few. It's a bed mounted bracket.

Ok, here ya go. There is a tapped plate that slides into the bed channel, you drill 2 holes into the support then thread the bolts into the plate. You will need to reconfigure the lines a bit due to clearance in the wheel well. A simple 90* 3/8" male to 3/8" female fitting will work in order to turn the inlet fitting towards the tank. This is on Sarah's ecsb 4wd truck and with the pump mounted can't be seen from the outside.

NewBracket3.jpg

d26d6a3b.jpg

f571a87a.jpg

Last edited:
This will be for sale shortly. We're looking into maybe getting some rubber isolators to mount the pump on to reduce resonance through the bed floor.

That would be great. I know lots of people that choose AD but the frame mount sucks on 2wd trucks in the pastures and gravel roads. The bed mount will really be a deal sealer.

Yea that's part of the reason we designed these, that and for the 4dr short bed 4wd trucks.

Once we get a price ironed out I'll put a thread up in our section.

I really wish that I had known this bracket was going to be an option. I just ordered/installed my airdog like a month or so ago:doh: While I was doing the fuel module upgrade, Jwhite was working on mounting the pump and I told him to put it as high as possible so it wouldn't be sticking out like two big white sore thumbs. With it setup the way it is, it's pretty obvious. Hopefully this new bracket solves my clearance and protection concerns easily. Thanks for the pics tho, greatly appreciated