Allison gone, now what??

And:clap: to your "Suncoast". I don't believe "put together quality" of the Coast was mentioned in any of my previous responses. However some Builders have "Exemplary Customer Svc" over others!!!!. Along with taking the time to "fully insulate" you to the do's and dont's and Upsell's. I don't think "Garmon" is Fooling with the re-engineered 4L-80e Allison. That is why I gave the nod to Dave or Mike Lovrich @ Inglewood Trans in the Republik of Ca. However "Thee Jeff" will be building my 48re!!! :rockwoot:

What is a "re-engineered 4L-80e Allison?"

Someone always seems to HAVE to do it. You just can't bring up the Allison without a Dodge/Ford fan putting it down. *bdh*

I wasn't putting the General down. :umno: to your "Interpretation". Gm makes one fine gasoline engine. Duramax Ind. makes a nice diesel. Fyi i'm the only Dodge owner in a Gm family. :Cheer:

I am also a dodge owner in a gm family, auto transmission failures is the only reason, I am interested in the dmax, but I want a nv5600 behind it.

I am also a dodge owner in a gm family, auto transmission failures is the only reason, I am interested in the dmax, but I want a nv5600 behind it.

I would own a stock Allison over a dodge auto trans any day and I am a ford man.:lolly: I have seen a lot more failures from the dodge trans with just a programmer.

I would own a stock Allison over a dodge auto trans any day and I am a ford man.:lolly: I have seen a lot more failures from the dodge trans with just a programmer.

Hmm, that's news to me. Never heard of that issue before! LOL You mean a 47/48 series can't handle the torque.

Hmm, that's news to me. Never heard of that issue before! LOL You mean a 47/48 series can't handle the torque.

I have installed about 5-6 dodge trans for every 1 allison I have put in and of those allisons, most where just upgrading before they destroyed it.

isnt this whole thread about an allison failing with no mods???

i also love how when someone has good luck with a company they decide to shove it down everyones throat who asks a tranny question. with that being said...

SUNCOAST IS THE BEST TRANSMISSION EVER BUILT! YOU ARE STUPID FOR RUNNING ANYTHING THAT ISNT SUNCOAST!!!!!!! lol

isnt this whole thread about an allison failing with no mods???

i also love how when someone has good luck with a company they decide to shove it down everyones throat who asks a tranny question. with that being said...

SUNCOAST IS THE BEST TRANSMISSION EVER BUILT! YOU ARE STUPID FOR RUNNING ANYTHING THAT ISNT SUNCOAST!!!!!!! lol

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

I've sold and installed two stage V suncoast in the last two weeks and both have performed flawlessly.

I've sold and installed two stage V suncoast in the last two weeks and both have performed flawlessly.

Reading is Fundamental, comprehension is your friend. If you read closely, the primary issue is with a "Partner". All products from different trans builders may incur problems at one point or another. Or they may not. Depending on who's tale it is. I'm setting on mine.:Cheer:

i would skip sunTOAST and go talk to dave just sent a buddy to get one put in his dmax it is right at that price range you want to spend shifts and holds very nicely

should it not still be under warranty, get a new one then just add a good tq and valve body, but thats me

I heard that that Phil guy is building a mean Tranny at Jeff Garmons Shop I think there was a write up in a Diesel Mag latey?! I hope that He will HELP a poor guy out someday.

Garmon is building Allisons.
Thank you for the info Phil. Along with the great product you and Jeff produce!!!
I heard that that Phil guy is building a mean Tranny at Jeff Garmons Shop I think there was a write up in a Diesel Mag latey?! I hope that He will HELP a poor guy out someday.

Garmon's and DPC, build one He!!uva package in East Griffin. This of course is my $.02.

Ron has or is in the process of buying Joan, Joe Webbs wifes part of the business. If their were any issues with things not being the same they were due to her.IMO. Ron said at the beginning of this year that they would be concentrating on high performance, high hoarse power transmissions were they could not do this in the past.

Joan does not work in the shop... She handles the front office stuff and some AR/AP stuff that Joe used to do. So, since you are of the opinion that Joan caused issues, why don't you enlighten us as to how a front office person caused issues...................
Things are not the same because Joe is gone.... Period. They wont ever be the same.

I dont even have a duramax, but I know many guys in my area that have Mike L transmissions and pull and race them and they are good transmissions.

Back