Allison Swap?

AKDuramax

Rice-Burner Burner
A buddy and I were talking the other day, and he has a bd auto in his truck that **** out on him, and said it would be awesome to have an Allison. Anyone do this yet? Even possible to put one in a dodge? I imagine you'd have to fid a way to make the ECM and TCM work together. What do you guys think?

There are many allison 1000's behind RV cummins applications.... so it is doable therefore not cost effective at all..... you can build a billet 47re for the price you can buy an allison

Fleece Performance has everything you need to do the swap, controller, adapter and converter.

The Allison would make a better daily driver. First gear on a 47rh reminds me of the old powerglide. Once it moves 50 ft everything is fine.

i have done the swap recently and i love it. quick firm shifts. doesn't miss a beat

I've driven a truck with a swap.

I knew the owner before he sold it. I saw it parked at an auto auction and couldn't believe it.

I bet the guy that bought it **** bricks when the service guys came up from the back and said that the transmission wasn't from the right vehicle..

Depending on the power level (low to low-mid power levels being the exception), I think you are better off with a dodge transmission.

^^^ more room for upgrades in the 47 case from what i've read.....

yeah the 1st gear does suck... but what can ya do.