Alternator tach pickup.

JasonCzerak

The shop that I'll be dynoing at on Friday has an alternator tach pickup. Can anyone suggest the correct wire or alternative method? it's a dyno dynamics dyno.

My dynojet uses the optical pickup. Bit cubersom to hook up, and if the engine moves a lot it can be hard to get it lined up right, but Ive never had a problem NOT getting tach signal.

Whats the DD rated for?

1500#ft/1500hp of torque. I'll be over it's limit for torque.

You can get "close" with wheel speed to rpm. but with the ratio it's off on either side of the graph due to things are ratios right?

I do plan to hit up a dynojet once things are tuned in with an optical pick up. This dyno will be more consistent and easier to load up then a dynojet so for my purpose it'll be perfect.

Any numbers Jason?

--Eric

1.3 software. Low numbers were crap. But 711 at around 3000rpm on dynojet 248 that I was on the next day. As for the dynodnamics:

007.jpg

Funny how the very next day gained 50hp :) Same tune. Tho, the dynodnamics was setup more so for a gasser with more rpm. Plus, others around town do claim it reads low.. so I dunno.

I bet with 1.4 and the new approach with crap loads of rail ramp up that my low end numbers would be a bit higher.

Last edited:
Back