AMP Steps installed on the 07

DCSpecial

Mr. Sinister
Finally got around to installing my AMP steps on the 07 last weekend. I had a buddy of mine help me with the install at his shop. These steps were meant for a Crew Cab truck and being installed on my SuperCab. Now, while I SuperCab step would be the *proper* one to use I was able to make these work by rolling the corner (maybe 0.5")at the end of the pinchweld under the cab. They go the full length of the cab and to the front portion of the bed (can be used to get something from the front of the bed).

The fun part came from the wiring. These steps were 2008 steps with the harness swapped out for a 99-07 truck. So, the instructions were for a 08. AMP's website has instructions for pretty much every truck.....except a 07 Reg Cab/Super Cab :bang
After some trial and error my buddy was able to use a couple diodes on each side and get the steps to function properly.

Here's some pics:

30858.jpg

30859.jpg

30860.jpg

Nice install Dan

What ever happened to "I have no plans to mod this truck" ????????LOL LOL LOL

Yeah, well......I got problems. You don't want to know what else I'm thinking about for it LOL

DCSpecial said:
Yeah, well......I got problems. You don't want to know what else I'm thinking about for it LOL

lol.

I know what it is! :evil

I wonder if that would interfer with my Fass 150/180 system ?

hpprose,
Yeah, I figured that was helpful.
I'm thinking of leveling it in some fashion, wheels, hood, etc..

Robts,
Is your FASS by the cab? or by the bed?
The steps I have are meant for a crew cab and don't go past the rear of the cab on the CC. Or you can always shorten them (the ends are just caps...so you can easily customize the length).

The 01 is still True Blue.......for now.

07 is pretty close to the rest of the company trucks....just much more metallic, and not single staged.

I still need to get good pics in good light.

Since apparently we live the in the rainforest now (rain everyday and high humidity) it was actually pretty dirty in those pics with the steps.
The color hides the dirt pretty well though.

steps on a stock height truck whats next, a footstool next to your bed. LOL
j/k looks good, like the extension past past the bed. always scratch mine trying to lean over.

Got AMPs on my dad's stock F-150 Supercrew too :D

Much easier to get in vs. jumping in. Especially since I have some short or older people get in a lot. Backseat passengers getting in after eating too much if we went to a restaurant was always good for a laugh LOL