amputating the air filter restriction gauge?

jvencius

I'd like to cut my air filter restriction gauge completely out of the engine bay (just to keep things tidy) but need to know if it's "safe" to do so first. I disconnected the gauge and the engine started/ran fine without the "change your air filter" idiot light on the dash lighting up. At the harness-end of the plug, I measured ~13.2 volts across the terminals but not I'm curious--is it alright just to chop the wiring off, seal the ends up, and press on or does the presence of a voltage across the plug terminals mean something I don't understand?

i would run it for a few days with it unpluged to make sure it would be fine to do so, or just taped the end of the plug up and move it out of the way,

I just hung mine over the side of the OEM air box. If anything just tape it down. The only time it will throw the dummy light inside is if the two wires come together. Mine hung down and rubbed on the serpentine belt a year or so ago when I changed from the OEM air box and when it finally rubbed through the insulation it threw the dummy light.

Is there actually a light on the dash that says "Dummy" ??
I havent seen this before, Is it only on certain models??

:hehe::hehe::kick: Just kiddin..
I know the "Dummy" light only came on 02 and up trucks.

From time to time I call it the "you f&@ked up" light--I'm on Joey's list for a T1 to fix the main cause of mine coming on...

:hehe::hehe::kick: Just kiddin..
I know the "Dummy" light only came on 02 and up trucks.

Mine actually says Somethings wrong dumbass. We can talk together like Michael Knight and KIT. Then I tell it to stop being so rude because I am sensitive. And ask why it wont just tell me what is really wrong. It tells me " your the mechanic, figure it out you pansy bastage." Then I go hide, cry and when I gain my bearings I come to your house to fix it. LOL