Another Fass Question

Fuzzys69

Got Smoke?
How loud is the Fass suppose to be? Mines really loud kinda annoying.
And my pump sounds like it keeps losing prime? What could cause this? i loosend and primed both filter and fuel came out of both.

SCHOOL BUS said:
theres a new update out that quiets the fass drastically!

Dude, your sig is classic...:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I can hear the pump from about 20 ft away with the truck running.
also the pump sounds like it keeps losing prime. it was fine when I had a 1/4 tank, but when i filled the truck up it started to sound weird. i will try and post a clip of how it sounded.

Fist off ....i dont know what is up with my screen name.....but its all jacked up.....

BUT.....i would suggest taking your truck to a local FASS dealer and let them listen to it......these types of things are best listen to in person.....

i will post a sound clip in a few mins of it. im not sure where my closest fass dealer is

WELL....you do have the 180 GPH unit......IF i recall correctly...they are not going to be silent by any means...but they should not be overwhelmingly overpowering either.....that is a lot of fuel you are moving there...and a very large strong motor pushing it.....

That noise update should already be done to your pump if its with in a year old.......

You can go to our FASS website and click on Locate FASS dealer and it will ask for you Zip...you put it in and you will find one close to you.

I could not get your link to work......brought me to some Nintendo Wii link......

i had to save it to my computer and then open it up with quicktime. sometime that website will bring you another link, and in the top right corner it will say skip advertisment, then on the left hand side it should say download now.
i kinda figured it would be a alittle noisy, but i didnt think it could be that loud.
yep its a fass 150/180

mine is loud..and it sounds like its loosing its prime because its separating the air and water from the fuel. Mine was pretty loud..its not ridiculous..BUT I dynomatted the rear of my cab and it help cut the noise down alot..

If you could e-mail me the file I will upload it for you so it will be easier.

Fuzzys69 said:
heres a video of it, it sounds fine sometime but then it makes a noise like its losing prime. http://entertainment.webshots.com/video/3043253810103012245QlKHPh?vhost=entertainment

WELL that noise is normal...but the frequency of which its happening is just a touch on the fast side. I would put your suction line in a bucket with the return line and see if the noise stops or spaces out more. I don’t think you have anything wrong with the pump, as that is normal to get some of that "Gurgling".

Its air being built up in the water separator and then overcoming the nipple that the separator attaches to. Once it gets sucked up into the gear…you have that noise. An excessive amt of air, air leak, or restriction on the suction line can cause this to happen at a faster frequency.

You system is not loosing prime though....or you would not have any noise at all.

That water separator look a little beat up? NO? (Could just be the low light in the vid.) Might check the dexterity of the filter as this is on the suction side of the pump. AND is that one of our Water Separators?

The water separator had a small dent on it when i bought it, but i didnt think it would bother it.

Have you tried to pull fuel out of a bucket yet to see if the noise changes?

Mine is WAY quieter than the Aeromotive pump I was running.
I can hear it when I use the remote starter...as the injectors/glow plugs are warming up, but once the engine starts, it is hard to hear it at all. (Until you get low on fuel, thats when you hear that gurgling noise.)
Mine makes that noise when my tank gauge reads JUST under 1/4 of a tank, and I park on an incline/decline.

in that video i had 3/4 tank of fuel. i will try to bucket thing this weekend. whats the best way to get the pickup line off without pulling the tank. im leaving for florida with the truck on the 5th. so i need to make sure it will be fine.

in that video i had 3/4 tank of fuel. i will try to bucket thing this weekend. whats the best way to get the pickup line off without pulling the tank. im leaving for florida with the truck on the 5th. so i need to make sure it will be fine.

Do you have the 180 GPH or 90 GPH?

IF you have the 90 GPH...all you need to do is pull in on the Black collar on the QD-1001 and push in and then pull out....it should pop off...but might take a few goes at it.

The 180 GPH.....if you got the fitting in a spot you can get to, just use a stubby 7/8" wrench to undo the line.

Bad thing on that is you might need to back up the 90* fitting with another wrench due to the tube moving when you try to loosen it up......SO you might need to drop the tank down slightly but not all the way...so lines could stay attached....but i bet you could do it ok.....the one i had to do i was able to get the wrench between the crak of the bed and cab....

Back