Another lifter question.

theonlyz

professional he** raiser
This winter I have decided to change my H.O pump to an S.O, get an o-ringed head, install HD pushrods and springs, put arp studs in, swap in a ats exhaust manifold. Now I am really tossing the idea of installing a cam and lifters. With the head off can I easily swap lifters or do I have to drop them into a lifter tray and all that good fun? What will be the easiest way for me to do a cam and lifters? Since we are along the line of lifters is it true that I can get cr lifters and they will work better? If so does anyone have any part numbers?

This winter I have decided to change my H.O pump to an S.O, get an o-ringed head, install HD pushrods and springs, put arp studs in, swap in a ats exhaust manifold. Now I am really tossing the idea of installing a cam and lifters. With the head off can I easily swap lifters or do I have to drop them into a lifter tray and all that good fun? What will be the easiest way for me to do a cam and lifters? Since we are along the line of lifters is it true that I can get cr lifters and they will work better? If so does anyone have any part numbers?

Tappets are not easily installed - you have to use the lifter tray, etc. Easiest would be with the engine totally out, but its definitely not impossible to do with the tray method. 24v tappets are fine, supposed to be lighter than CR.

cool that what i figured. No biggy I was just hoping for an easy way but Im all for a challenge!!

Back