another question about exhaust

ChokeonmySmoke,

How much smoke do you want? :rockwoot:

ac3f1ec3.jpg

so hey guys am i really gonna see a loss with running the straight pipe on a stock motor or will i see gains?

dodgepower said:
so hey guys am i really gonna see a loss with running the straight pipe on a stock motor or will i see gains?

Dude just straight pipe it. It's not going to give you 100 hp but it's not gonna hurt anything.

Straight piping a 3rd gen isn't going to change much but the sound. It will not hurt anything (except your emissions warranty).

Depending on the year of the 3rd gen you can get performance gains out of it if you increase the diameter of the pipe from the CAT or Turbo back (with or without a muffler).

Luken said:
ChokeonmySmoke,

How much smoke do you want? :rockwoot:

ac3f1ec3.jpg

yeah that amount of smoke is nice. i would like something like that. mine now with just the tst i will blow out a good amount of smoke........but only with the truck in gear, in N or P it only blows out a light puff. i know alot of smoke is not good.......but sometimes i just wanna black out an intersection. i would just like to sit there boosting and all of a sudden. darkness. :lolly:

Will the PHAT shaft do the same as a balanced set of TWINS? I'm not sure. To that end blowing lots of black is either for show (sometimes fun), unburnt fuel (can get pricey) and or a low boost condition.

Further to that, I have direct exp. with the TST products so I can't comment on that. I would call them (or where you bought it) and ask them what they think. Ask them, if I do "Y" can I get it back to "X" or even "stock" if something goes wrong or you don't like it? If they say no or give you a deer in headlights glazed look then I wouldn't do it but hey that's just me.

All I know is a SMARTY on level 7 smokes like blacker then the ace of spades when you start in second from a dead stop at high elevations (I was in Calgary when I got to play with it). Living at sea level I can't say what it would do but I'm assuming it would smoke a bit less. I also know that having a SMARTY set to 5 in a truck with TWINS and a EDGE comp and some 275's goes VERY fast!