ANOTHER Texas trip in the making, by way of DENVER

I don't have a CR one that's removed. :(
I do have a USA branded 12 valve crank that is out, though.

Mark.

Ill catch you when you get one.
Which will be the THIS trip! :D
I went and pulled a nice one out, by the headlights of the Dakota, for ya'.

It's now on the '96 flatbed. :cool:

It was out in under an hour. :hehe:

Mark.

Last edited:
Awesome. Thank you. Call or text me when you think you'll be getting close to your southern most piece and I'll meet you. Let me know if you don't have my number anymore.

Call me at the number above.
FYI, I just made the 1st stop.

Mark.

Brandon, I hope to meet up with mark tmrw night or Saturday. Worst case I can get the crank for ya.

Tried calling last night but could never get it to go through. I may have to take you up on that, I know I'll be busy tonight and not able to make it north.

Try me now, sucky cell service in backsticks Okie.

Had an incident later last night, guy cut over and I curbed the trailer, knocked a belt loose, then later blew both right side tires.
I'm running my spares and a severely bent axle.

Mark.

Right now I am in Alvarado, Texas. debating what way to go next.
I'm thinking a motel, a hot shower and some grub would be in order.

Bret, get in contact with me by phone, if you would.

Mark.

Last edited:
All I could do was put tires on it, the axle is pretty bent, but it's not wearing the tire yet.
It appears to have bent straight up, rather than kicking backwards.
Oh, I know it'll wear eventually, but for now I'll run it until I can find a new axle and have the trailer empty.

I'm going to meet up with Brett, diesel_importer, at some point to-day, then maybe meander on down to Houston and do some business Monday.

Right now, I think it's time for a haircut. LOL

Mark.

Just posted a complete 6.7 and 2WD 68RFE in the "Dodge Parts" section.

Mark.

All I could do was put tires on it, the axle is pretty bent, but it's not wearing the tire yet.
It appears to have bent straight up, rather than kicking backwards.
Oh, I know it'll wear eventually, but for now I'll run it until I can find a new axle and have the trailer empty.

I'm going to meet up with Brett, diesel_importer, at some point to-day, then maybe meander on down to Houston and do some business Monday.

Right now, I think it's time for a haircut. LOL

Mark.

Damm, sounds like my luck, If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all! Good luck on the remainder of your trip!

Well, Mark made it to my shop. We did some wheelin n dealin. Good guy to deal with! We did a little welding on his flatbed to make fueling up easier. Hopefully the rest of his trip goes flawless!

Damm, sounds like my luck, If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all! Good luck on the remainder of your trip!

Thanks or the good sentiments, glad someone understands! :D
My luck is like that, I'll have good streaks for a while, then really terrible trouble for a bit, then back to good.
Thing is, I can sorta' predict them coming up. :(

Well, Mark made it to my shop. We did some wheelin n dealin. Good guy to deal with! We did a little welding on his flatbed to make fueling up easier. Hopefully the rest of his trip goes flawless!

Bret, it was nice meeting you and you don't know how much I appreciate you re-working the filler neck to my liking. :cool:
Now I don't have to get under the truck, monkey around to fuel it up and get all dirty doing it.
I am totally happy with the way my visit to your paradise worked out. :bow:

I am now in Houston and I'll be here until Monday morning, so I have a full day to either be bored or go do something.
Any ideas? LOL

Mark.

I don't know if the Baby Truck guy is busy or not, and I've never met or talked to Max, that I know of.
I'm certainly not against socializing, just people seem to be busy on the weekends.

I'd do some Junk Yarding, but a truck and a 30 foot trailer is hard to drag around a city like Houston.
Plus, I'm not wild about disconnecting the trailer and leaving it in a motel parking lot all day.

Mark.

I hit up Northern Tool when I was in Austin this week. Spent an hour and a half looking around in there. Ended up with wheel chocks, gloves, hammer, step ladder, zip ties, grease, ratchet straps, and more!