Another trans issue

BUICKpowerSIX

Ok I have done a lot of research but cannot find an exact problem. Whats happening is my trans seems like it will go into neutral when shifting into 4th slam 4th hard go back into third then slam 4th again.

Once I was leaving when in D it seemed like it was hopping from P to D very fast and did the same in R. Put it into manual 1 and back into D and was fine.

Also sometimes cruising it will just start to downshift and upshift and go into N then finds OD and is fine.

I have had the tow haul blink on me twice but was pulling into my house when I started, so I dont know if it would have gone into OD or not. I do believe I did have 1st gear though.

Yesterday when pulling out of a gas station it wanted to take off in 3rd no matter what gear I was in. After going through the gears and forward to reverse it went back into 1st.

Only have about 25k since a rebuild from ford. Im past warranty on trans. Fluid seems good no burnt smell. Level seems to be fine but seems to be a pain in the butt to get an accurate reading on white plastic though.

Thanks in advance for all your input.

I don't know if it matters but when the trans is cold it shifts firmer and more consistant.

I know you don't want to hear it, but it is on it's way out... Exactly how mine was acting. Was doing it once in a while for a long time, then suddenly started doing it almost consistently until a week later leaving me at a stop light.