another turbo thread...

tatersalad

Howdy fellas...well I'm looking to put a hx35/40 hybrid on. I've got 5x.014's in it and a cranked pump...lift pump, gs, and fuel pin to come in future. How well will it do with my setup?? I don't care if it's a wee bit too small. I can always tune it the way I like...thanks tater

Should be just fine. Just watch the throttle chops with the manual Trans. You don't wasn't to snap anything.

That's what I ran for many years. It wasn't big enough for much over stock injectors and a maxed out pump. But with another turbo beneath it, they work real nice.

I killed one with 5x12s and full cut Dv's. I don't know about the ve but I'd go to a 62mm.

Last edited:
Good turbo, but there are better options depending on money situation.

money is tight...charger is definitely reasonable and i need to pay off loans vs dumping 800-1200 bucks in a turbo for a truk thats gna become my chore truck...if i have to detune the pump and let the injectors do the work then so be it :) plus in the future if i get the itch then yes its a very good starting point for some mean toing twins, maybe a hx35/40 over a s472 or sumthing ;)