Any Input on Kenny's clutches?

Sreno68

Well it's time to replace the valair dd clutch I was thinking about goin with Kenny's pulling parts clutch either the 4000lb Bronze inlay 2 disc or the 3 disc 3400 or 4000lb anyone running any of these clutches? And how are they to deal with as far as replacing smoked clutches? I know southbend does a good job replacing there units when they go bad. The truck will be used for sled pulling mainly and street driven every now and then

kenny is top notch and builds the best clutches out there as far as im concerned and have had no trouoble with him standing behind his work if it has a problem he will take care of it. I have had his dd and currently have his triple disc and love it. i have ran allot of southbends too they r nice but i like giving business to the little guy especially since his stuff is just as good if not better than southbends.

In my opinion Kenny builds an awesome clutch. Prices are unbeatable for the quality and his customer service is top notch. He will take good care of you

I run one in my DD that I pull also. Pretty good so far. I've only pulled it about 10 times and got 5k road miles on it though.

That's what I was hoping to hear! I also like supporting small buisness's I have his single disc In my Powerstroke and love it. I was just curious about the doubles and triples how are they on the street?

I have one that came in a truck with less than 15k on it and i would would spend the extra dough on a South Bend. Had to pull it out about 5k miles after i bought the truck to have the fingers replaced. When i pulled it apart the hydro unit had a grade 8 bolt instead of the rod. I later when i replaced the hydros with SBs i had the reuse the bolt because it wont disengae the clutch other wise. mine is the 4000lb street dual disk. Maybe the sled dds are better. Me personaly ive never had a bad SB that wasnt stood behind. I do hear his triple disks are nice tho but never ran one.

Mine is a triple and it is pretty smooth. Really easy on the foot too. Grabs hard when you want it too. I don't know how it is on the street but Probably after its broke in it would be a good street clutch. If you call down there and tell him what you're looking to do with it and he will know what would work best.

Keep plate load low to help save broken fingers. Kennys clutches are top notch, i would go with the 3 disk street clutch.

Ya a buddy of mine had a 3850 southbend double and he bent the fingers I had the same clutch in my 05 and didn't have any trouble with it but I don't think I put as many miles on as his or as hard of miles lol I'm gonna give Kenny a call Monday and hopefully get one coming I just hope this valair holds for the pull tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the help!

I had a Kenny's in the 97 12 valve. Was easy on when I first got it and never pulled just all street driving and towing. I had the floater ring crack and he wouldn't stand behind his work. Seemed like a good guy but I would go with Southbend. That has been a few years ago might have changed. Good luck

I had a Kenny's in the 97 12 valve. Was easy on when I first got it and never pulled just all street driving and towing. I had the floater ring crack and he wouldn't stand behind his work. Seemed like a good guy but I would go with Southbend. That has been a few years ago might have changed. Good luck

How much rpm did you give it?

I had it less than 6months. That was probably back in 2005-2006.It had less than 8000 mile on the clutch. As far as rpm the most it ever seen was 3500-3600 that is all it would turn then. I had planned on pulling at some local pulls but switched jobs and never got around to it before it went out. It also made lots of noise when setting at a red light in gear and was the hardest dd that I've seen to get in gear.

Kennys weighted triple is the only way to go for a dedicated puller. Have known 2.6 and 3.0 guys to pull on them for several seasons without a rebuild.

The only thing bad i can say about the weighted triple is that it's very tight. Seems like after you get it hot, it wont release till after it cools. Needs more room to cool, which requires a longer input shaft. Clutch has its pros and cons, keep it adjusted right and it will last a long time. All around for the money, the best clutch out if your asking me.

Back