Any Input on Kenny's clutches?

Just on a general note, there's not a clutch on the planet that will withstand some of the abuse I see at some of these pulls. Its mostly trucks that are underpowered that try to run the hero gear and have to slip it for 100ft to keep from choking on the line; then they get mad when they crack or warp a floater plate. A guy could tear up a quad disc weighted clutch with a 400hp truck.

Ya true within five feet of the line I'm off the clutch 100 percent. Clutches last a lot longer that way.

^^^ Like said. Any hevy pulling clutch that is rated for serious HP wont hold up in a 400-600 HP truck. Make sure you tell the clutch builder what you have and what you're going to do with it. They will get you the right match.

Mine never got pulled other than a trailer and I cracked the floater ring never slipped untill the floater ring cracked. Until that it was a good dd clutch. I also think that that are built tight and need a little more room to breath. The heat could have cause my floater ring to crack or it could have been a bad heat treating done to it.

Ya from what I've been reading it sounds like the triple is the way to go for my truck and what I want to do with it. I'm goin to be calling valair and Kenny's today, idk if there's anything valair can do with mine for a core to lower the price on a street triple or not but if not I'll be goin with a Kenny's for sure

Just on a general note, there's not a clutch on the planet that will withstand some of the abuse I see at some of these pulls. Its mostly trucks that are underpowered that try to run the hero gear and have to slip it for 100ft to keep from choking on the line; then they get mad when they crack or warp a floater plate. A guy could tear up a quad disc weighted clutch with a 400hp truck.

110% true!!!! I know a couple of guys like that. They went through double disk clutches because they did this exact thing. Now they say a triple is the only thing that will hold the power their truck makes. Amazing that it takes a triple to hold that power but other trucks that are real pull trucks run a couple of seasons on a good double disk.

Kenny makes a great clutch! We have ran his weighted tripple disc on the puller for 2 or 3 years now and never had trouble. Also he is a great guy to deal with. We will actually have (2) kennys weighted tripple disc clutches for sale if anyone is interested shoot me a pm. Only reason we are selling them is because were going to a 4 disc w/scatterproof bellhousing.

Back