any one have an old block lying around ?

Just measured one I popped out of a block and it's ~1.253 on the OD.
You DO realize that something like that you can lay it on a hard, flat surface, with the domed side UP, and smack it, then it'll fit tight again?

Mark.

Last edited:
y2uvypad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you were correct with the part number..... Mark, it's a new block that didn't have one in the first place

ob901zb_zps9e7a056a.png

The new blocks doesn't come with it, not sure why. You can get them from Dodge, but they want way to much for them. If I remember right plugs for the extra dip stick tube locations aren't included either.

Paul

That plug is what u need. When it pulls the link up put ur zip in and add ur store and it will pull up the dorman 555-024 expansion plug. $.69 a piece.

here's another that didn't come with the block. Couldn't find it any where in the Cummins parts cats. Anyone got a size on it ? I'm pretty sure it's a o-ring plug.

008_zps3c0dfcc1.jpg

That plug is what u need. When it pulls the link up put ur zip in and add ur store and it will pull up the dorman 555-024 expansion plug. $.69 a piece.

thanks for finding that. Unfortunately, I don't have any O'reillys around and it says it's not available online. I'll just get one from Jeff.

Its the same plat as a small black chevy fuel pump block off plate. I grabbed a nice chrome one at napa for mine.

The new blocks doesn't come with it, not sure why. You can get them from Dodge, but they want way to much for them. If I remember right plugs for the extra dip stick tube locations aren't included either.

Paul

Many years ago when I ordered new block from Cummins, then I had to order "installation kit" where all plugs and o- rings were packed

Back