Any one use Air ride trailer?

They have a small bag on the opposite side of the pivot point of the axle, sometimes one bag, sometimes two, but you flip a switch that deflates the main bag and fills the smaller bag/bags, which lifts the axle

My 20 ton pintle is air ride, never feel it in the dump truck. I'm getting ready to add another 20,000 air ride axle to make it a 60,000 trailer. Always wanted a air ride gooseneck, I had these big axles under one but needed one of the axles for the pintle trailer.

only thing i dont like about the PJ setup and its the same on the big truck setup.. when you apply the brakes you have to wait or take acount for delayed repsonse while the axle rolles up pulling the trailer down and compressing everything.. its real bad when the drives are setup in similar fashion. the wholeig will squat 2-4" on a normal brake application.

now the 4 link setup eliminated that problem though it doesnt ride as smooth as the 3 link setup

Cool concept. What type of safety does it have if you blow a bag or lose an air line?
If you blow a bag it's the same as a semi, the suspension drops to the bump stops and rides like chit! Nothing spectacular.

Can someone explain to me how the bags "raise up" the axles? I've never looked and/or asked about it. I don't have a clue.
Here is one with a lift kit.
aeff416a-3ae7-29c2.jpg

Here is one without.
aeff416a-3b32-fb18.jpg

They're easy to make and pretty cheap to buy for a semi trailer. Here is a link to Hendrickson's UBL (under beam lift). The bags are around $80 each + whatever the steel cost to fab one up for a smaller trailer. I paid $300 each for 2 kits but I've seen them sell on Ebay for $250.

Last edited:
Back