Any one use injectors from Beans

fordtk12

Banned
I bought injectors from bean had them installed by a shop got the truck back it didn't run right. Idled different and everything I thought it was just that maybe the custom tunning was off. Ran the truck not even 1000 miles and it just wasn't there. It would not run at anything above half throttle. would cut out on me. Then one day it cut out knocked and just really sounded bad. Sounded like a bent push rod and I didn't even stand on it. Took it to the dealer this time and this is what they say:

OIL OVERFILLED APP 4 GALLONS OF DIESEL IN OIL . DRAIN OIL REMOVE FILTER
REMOVE INJECTOR NBR 2 5 6 7 8 SEAL DAMAGE ON UPPER O RING ON INJECTORS
CAUSING FUEL TO GO INTO OIL FOUND 2 BENT PUSH RODS IN CYLINDER NBR 2.
ALSO BROKEN ROCKER ARM. DAMAGE TO CRANK BEARING UNKNOWN. POSSIBLE BENT
CONNECTING ROD.

I don't want to think the the shop that put the injectors in did that bad of a job, but what are the chances that I got 5 bad O rings only on the top. While the truck was in to get the injectors it also had the heads decked, head studs put on it.

Any thoughts on this

^^^^^^^^^ what he said. its easy to foul up o-rings if the installer doesnt know how to do it. but that would definitely cause all your carnage. did bean send you inj's with the o-rings on the inj's already?

what he said. its easy to foul up o-rings if the installer doesnt know how to do it. but that would definitely cause all your carnage. did bean send you inj's with the o-rings on the inj's already?

Yes O rings were on when sent to me

I'm betting on the install as well, they most likey did not get them seated correctly, or they did not take out the old brass injector cups. I have never heard anything bad about Beans products.

doubt the cups had anything to do with this one, probaly didnt seat the injs properly.

My money is on a bad install.

Thats what I am thinkin too but this guy use to work for ford has a powerstroke and the guy that did do my truck has 4 shops around the area. You think he would know what he was doing.

I had an injector replaced by a dealership once, when I later got my stg1 I installed them myself. The only injector that had bad o-rings on it was the one they had replaced. What a shocker huh?

I had replaced injectors in a powerstroke before this. Done it myself. had never done it before that and had no clue what I was doing but did it and I had no problems with the O ring. I took it to the shop this time cuz the sleeves in the head were cracked and needed replaced.

I just re-read your first post....where you said you have studs installed at the same time.
It's very common on the 7.3 with studs for the injector hold down to contact the top of the stud. If your installer didn't catch this....the injectors never seated right.
You have to knock the hold down over to get them to seat right.
You need a new installer with a background in aftermarket stuff.

BIGRPOWR said:
doubt the cups had anything to do with this one, probaly didnt seat the injs properly.

I wasn't sure if they did or not, I had heard of it happening from that though.

This is just great. Well I called the guy and no one was there but I left a message for him and I asked if he is willing to do anything for me see he F*** Up I don't think he will but who knows anything is better than nothing but atlease I know why know Thanks unbroken

even though unbroken knows very little about the 7.3 :hehe: i think he is dead nuts on with his post about the hold downs. had to learn that myself, but it wasnt the hard way. good on you richard...all that booze and your brain still works well.

Now just to figure out what to do.
Do I put in another 7.3 put in a 6.0 or or
don't get to happy dodge boys
put in a 5.9 cummins?

i believe your motor is fine. you just have to replace the rockers and pushrods, drain all fluids, r&r the injectors and you should be fine w/o ever pulling the motor. every bit of carnage you have is on top of the heads. shouldnt really be that bad unless you had something break and fall down into the pan. in that case the motor is still good you just have to yank it, unless its a 2wd, then you can pull the pan. buck up camper, it aint that bad. go have a beer.

Hey...I know enough...LOL
Anyway....pull the valve covers and see if the hold downs touch the studs...if they do...take it to your installer and show him what he did....if he doesn't wanna man up and fix it...call a lawyer.

DAMAGE TO CRANK BEARING UNKNOWN. POSSIBLE BENT
CONNECTING ROD.

I am afraid that with 4 gallons of fuel in the oil it messed something up in the bottom crank, rings I just don't think I would trust it. I was a good distance from home when the low oil pressure light came on but didn't look to low so kept driving then the guage would drop to nothing and then come back up and back down. That is why I am worried

UNBROKEN said:
You think Lott ran that 11.12 by himself ? :hehe:

no richard..you guided him to the starting line..lol but he thinks he did it by himself. he's pretty proud of himself.

fordtk12- i overlooked that part. yes call the lawyer. sounds like they definitely were not seated. fuel in exhaust or fuel in oil is VERY typical of unseated injs.

Back