Anybody interested in in-cab fuel plate adjustment?

the arm in the afc controls the fueling untill boost pressure pushes it out of the way, only then does the plate even come into play.

thanks. thats what i figured. and then doesn't the wiper inside the pump go up and down depending on rpm which is why if the fuel plate has a different shape and slope or curve it will give more fuel at certain rpm's? like at higher rpm it gvies more fuel then low rpm even if the boost is the same and the afc arm is out of the way.

to answer a few questions for you guys ill give you a break down of how we designed this thing, in the ppump theres 21mm of total rack travel, our controller will be a mechanical stop for max fuel while still having the afc meter on fuel w/boost, the best thing about our desing i think is the fact that we can control 15mm of travel in 1mm increments.
the rack arm needs to travel about 6mm forward to get the truck to run, so by being able to control 15mm in 1mm increments you have full control of the pump from in the cab ie one click one mm of rack travel, you can go from less than stock fueling to max pump output in 15 clicks from in your cab.
this is just scratching the surface of how this works , its a pretty off the wall design, but it will literally be a bolt on "chip" for the ppump. please feel free to ask questions and thanks for the interest! justin

Wtf??? If i wanted to adjust fuel on the go i would have got a common rail! Tune the afc properly an drive with a little bit a common sense!!!

Maybe I'm missing the point of this. Stock AFC and the governor is basically what controls your streetability of the truck. If it is overly sensitive, it will remain overly sensitive with only 7mm of travel on the gov arm. Plate position has no affect on mileage, as that is with actual injection events (how and when). Diveability will remain the same, other than suddenly stopping at whatever rack position you have set it to. So if the driveability and mileage never change with this, what is the real point. Unless you are wanting a valet switch (which can be done much easier and cheaper), this really serves little purpose.

Now if you could design an AFC that you can tune from in the cab (similar to what OrangeNV has done), but able to control spring rate, spring preload and position, that would be a hot ticket.

Maybe I'm missing the point of this. Stock AFC and the governor is basically what controls your streetability of the truck. If it is overly sensitive, it will remain overly sensitive with only 7mm of travel on the gov arm. Plate position has no affect on mileage, as that is with actual injection events (how and when). Diveability will remain the same, other than suddenly stopping at whatever rack position you have set it to. So if the driveability and mileage never change with this, what is the real point. Unless you are wanting a valet switch (which can be done much easier and cheaper), this really serves little purpose.

Now if you could design an AFC that you can tune from in the cab (similar to what OrangeNV has done), but able to control spring rate, spring preload and position, that would be a hot ticket.

Regulator in the cab, done deal.

I believe that has been done already.

elaborate.....taking the cap off and sticking a screw driver in there is not considered "easy" in my book

ive already taken care of the in cab pre boost adjustment

Now we can crudely control spring rate. Just need to control the spring preload and housing position, and its good to go.

With a properly setup AFC, minimal adjustment to plate adjustment is needed.
As far as spring preload, that isn't something that would require constant tweaking either.

Flow control would give ok control on how quickly the AFC moves(could provide similar characteristics to preload adjustments)

It all depends do you want a $350+ electronic adjustment on the truck, or spend $50 and get 95% of what the $350 would get you.

i havent been able to figure out a way to regulate pressure to the afc to control it from in cab without using a regulator, and a regulator will only let x amount of pressure through - hence only allowing you so much travel - i guess that would limit full fueling as well.....

i havent been able to figure out a way to regulate pressure to the afc to control it from in cab without using a regulator, and a regulator will only let x amount of pressure through - hence only allowing you so much travel - i guess that would limit full fueling as well.....

The knob on the regulator would need to be adjusted, but so would an electronic device. You can't have much spring pressure as it wouldn't give you the "smoke switch" if you wanted it.

Last edited:
Back