Anybody Tow 98,000 lbs?... Cummins Power!

No lockup switch, that is the suncoast controller. When the tire are doing over 100 and come to a stop the controller doesnt unlock fast enough and if you aren't pedaling it, it stalls

Curbs, they jump out at ya real quick. :)

Are you like the first person to stall a 12v with an auto? That's a hell of a lock up switch.

Yes the cost per HP and the ability to go up to 1000 hp with no major bottom end mods, I think the cummins wins hands down. Very robust engine, good mileage, easy to work on.... only way to go.

HAHA, Im putting a 12v in my 03 chevy HD, and was wondering if the conversion is worth thei time and effort, and if he would reccommend it

If that car was part of a train the locomotive vs. train weight ratio comes out to about 1.0 HP per ton or just under (down to 0.8 HP per ton), that's when it's fairly flat terrain. If that car were part of a train it would take under 50hp to accelerate it and maintain track speed (60-70mph), but locomotive traction motors have a lot of torque on takeoff, and you know how fast (or should I say SLOW) a train accelerates.

Vaughn

If that car was part of a train the locomotive vs. train weight ratio comes out to about 1.0 HP per ton or just under (down to 0.8 HP per ton), that's when it's fairly flat terrain. If that car were part of a train it would take under 50hp to accelerate it and maintain track speed (60-70mph), but locomotive traction motors have a lot of torque on takeoff, and you know how fast (or should I say SLOW) a train accelerates.

Vaughn
I was going to mention that you can move a loaded rail car with a pry bar. Not busting anyone's balls but they have rail car movers with 15hp Honda engines. Steel on steel = very low rolling resistance. I know a guy who's brother in law pulls them with a rope empty (~60k) to train for the tough man competitions.

Stopping them is another issue, saw a guy pull one with a farm tractor but when he tried to stop it drug him like 50 yds. very funny to watch the guys throwing lumber in front of the wheels with no affect on speed.

We left the brakes on a bit so it would not roll easily. The paving guys had a 4X4 cat backhoe in low low and could barely move the car with the brakes on they had to back them off so they could get it to move.