Anybody with Excursion Suspensions Super Dutys?

Lil' E

Fuel Junky
Has anybody put a factory Excursion suspension on their trucks? I am thinking about putting a set of 33's on it and I think it will look bad with a leveling kit and 33's on it. If anybody has any pictures of their trucks with Exc. suspensions please post them up. I would like to see how they look. :thankyou2:

What are you trying to achieve by using OEM Excursion springs? They are actually the lowest GVW front spring Ford put under any of their F250's...I have leveled a few Excursions by using "V" code superduty springs....I have not 'lowered" any superduty with an Excursion suspension.

Brent.

I would not put an excursion suspension on anything. The excursion we had would hit the bump stops all the time, even on paved roads, there was just not enough suspension travel and the springs were too soft for a truck that heavy. It looked to me like they were trying to make the excursion sit a little lower and ride a little softer so they put a flatter weaker spring pack in it and it's a total "FAIL" in my opinion. There's a lot of information out there about putting superduty springs on excursions to get a better and more controlled ride. I think you would regret putting ex springs on a superduty. JMO

Chris

Ok. Input is what I want. I dont have the money to lower it, and that suspension is just sitting around collecting dirt. I was just trying to get an idea of how it would look if I were to go out and put a lowering kit on it. As for what I am trying to achieve is a little bit smoother ride, lower profile look, and to take some space out of the fender wells.

If you want a smoother ride, You could invest in some billstien 5150's and see how it improves. If you want to take out some wheelwell gap the only thing you could do for the rear and not mess up the GVWCR is remove the rear 2.5" block. But that will make the shock to long then and you will blow it out. I know there are lowering kits but they practically make the truck useless for hauling a 500lb 4-wheeler in the bed.

????
Brent.

Well I am trying to set my truck up little by little to go down the track. I will be in school for another year so hauling is kind of out of the picture anyway. I am also planning to have another truck once I get out of school to be a tow pig. I have ideas already planned for that. So I am not really worried about the ability to haul anything with this truck, for the time being.

Excursion springs work great! just put some in Dj's truck here actually! Sits a little lower and certainly rides nice!

I have an excursion suspension sitting in the barn... I went to the F250 springs... about a 2" lift all the way around, no hitting the bumpstops anymore...

Excursion springs work great! just put some in Dj's truck here actually! Sits a little lower and certainly rides nice!

Buddy if you can post a couple pics up on here so I can see it. I am thinking of running a set of 33" Toyo Proxes, or thee Nitto 555's.

I could not even begin to tell you how many sets of EX suspensions I have taken to the scrap yard...I guess I should have held onto a few sets....It appears there is a market for them now.

Brent.

I could not even begin to tell you how many sets of EX suspensions I have taken to the scrap yard...I guess I should have held onto a few sets....It appears there is a market for them now.

Brent.

THere is definetly a market for them now on the drag trucks! Dont throw anymore away!

Enough said...I'll hang on to anymore I get and let you all know.

Brent.

Lima...you go to northwestern? ive seen a 250 with just the rear block removed and it looked good...he also used his for drag racing mostly..I say go for it, you can always swap back if you dont like it.

Yeah I go to Northwestern. I have a leveling kit on it right now. I was thinking of doing that once I get the leveling kit off of it.

I think I'm going to try excursion front springs with a 4.5 shackle lift on the front and see how it does. I have new 5100 so I think it should handle fairly well.

Good job it was getting out of hand. Funny how one little joke can get that crazy.......:Cheer:

I wouldn't recommend putting an excursion suspension on a superduty. It will lower the weight carrying capacity. I think it would have more roll to it too. It should defiantly lower it down though. Guess you could try it if you own one that is lying around, and if you have plenty of time to swap it out. Should be a bolt on deal, but you might have to buy new shocks though, because I would think the superduty shocks would be longer.. If anyone is looking for a good excursion suspension I have one for sale. It was a take off when I put a lift on an excursion. Not many miles on it. Not even rusty. I should be able to round up all the parts, just have to do a little digging. No shocks though.......:pop:

Any updates on this? I am thinking of lowering mine back down to make her a little faster in the quarter and for a little bit of a different look. Any idea if you would have to shorten the drive shafts?

-French