anyone else ever not liked their smarty?

I'm so glad i decided to read this forum. Turns out I'm not alone. :thankyou2:

I tested the first Smarty software on US soil. It was NOT good. We won't go there.

After all of the ranting and raving about the Smarty and its updates, I bought one. I had the same problems with the truck pulling to high speeds on its own and other random problems. For some reason my truck doesn't like to spool up with a Smarty. I voiced my concern and was told to wait for software updates. I think not. I have to drive this thing every day. so I sold it.

6 months later MADS releases the different tq management levels. Sweet, you bet I had to try it. Had issues again. Spent time on the phone and in email with Bob off and on for 2 weeks. Was finally told "the problem isn't the smarty, its the truck." Ive also experienced random bickering from Bob....still not sure why. I was even told on one site that I wasn't allowed to talk about Smartys anymore LOL

Funny thing....made 579hp with NO driving issues with a Bullydog/TST stack. I have owned 3 Triple Dogs and love them all. SOOOO much more consistent than Smartys.

The Smarty is a marketing conspiracy if you ask me. I've seen the light and it looks like lots of other members have too! :thankyou2:

I noticed a huge difference between the smarty and the BDDL. With dual fuelers, the smarty will not spool the twins for anything. The BDDL does everything I ask it to. Very interesting how all of these trucks have the problems straight from the manufacture, but not the smarty. No Way No How. The Smarty is perfect without flaws, right bob??:hehe: :hehe:

The C5 is going to be the way to go.

The reason is you have the ability to change your tune. If your truck seems to shut off power between 70-80 then you watch it on your laptop while driving and see what is going on and fix it.

Alot of the runaway throttle is caused by running ALOT of pressure. If you dont like this then you can turn down the pressure with the C5.

WOW I don't know which way to go now. I am lookin at getting a common rail and don't know what to put on it now for the most power??

The smarty is great if you can handle the support. I think they will be improving the product but there seems to be too much personality that goes along with it.

I have several customers running them and they currently do not have the symptoms mentioned in this post, and I can pass on that they are very fond of the power the smarty is providing. All happy cummins folks I am referring to are Manual transmissions and 06 +.

It's a shame they are all reading this stuff and wondering if they are in deep poo if they ever have an issue.

I'm sure that the VA product will be another great option once it it out of testing, they are a very good company and my opinion is that they are hungry for some market share.

JacktheBear3 said:
I'm sure that the VA product will be another great option once it it out of testing, they are a very good company and my opinion is that they are hungry for some market share.

i agree, i think if one were to get option 3 with a custom tune, power would be big. i like the on the fly tuning, i hate having to upload files, no good when you are in fuel mileage mode and someone wants a piece.

Im really suprised to hear that people are having problems with their smarty...but with 973604x4's response... I really wonder what they are covering up. Dont think I will be getting one now. I had a thread on DTR about selling my juice and going with smarty... not happening now.

finally the people are seeing the light, and yall thought i was nuts.......LOL

and the marketing conspiracy and customer service part, i agree 100%----what a joke:hehe:

I've got to vote for good customer service from Bob, No problems here on my part. He even helped me get my truck running (the HPCR swap) in my superduty. After spending $300 to get my ECM programmed correctly from on of Autoworld's outsourcing people, the throttle never worked right.

Bob got a hold of me, and told he he had a solution. Got the OBD2 port wired up, loaded the recovery program, and voila! it worked!

I'm running Beta 4.4, and it works great. This is with a ZF6

Wade you don't even own a smarty :eek:wned: and you choose to piss me off

Wow Wade.......... You are the consumate professional. I warned you about your behavior in this thread already. Congrats.......you just earned a vacation.

Wow a vacation sounds nice,where do you sign up for one of those?

There was an example of vacation sign up in this thread....

a second way to get a vacation would be to deny Timbe a cold one at any Diesel Festivity, I think?

RCCX said:
Wow a vacation sounds nice,where do you sign up for one of those?

Act like an Idiot after being warned and you can get anall-expenses paid trip to Ban-land. :woohoo:

And Yes Wally, denying me a cold one can have the same result as well LOL

How long does your typical trip to ban-land last,not that I want to go,just curious how long we will be idiot free.:rockwoot:

Timbeaux38 said:
Act like an Idiot after being warned and you can get anall-expenses paid trip to Ban-land. :woohoo:

And Yes Wally, denying me a cold one can have the same result as well LOL

Who is administering THAT?! :hehe:

RCCX said:
How long does your typical trip to ban-land last,not that I want to go,just curious how long we will be idiot free.:rockwoot:

Bout a week or so......

Back