Anyone go to Bowling Green ?

Timebomb

Bootney Lee Fonsworth
Just wondering if anyone attended the NTPA pull in Bowling Green. Corey Atley had 2 nice exhibition hooks with the CAT sponsored Ford.

So it sounds like Diesel 4x4 truck for next year Aug. 21-23 2009

Yeah I was there, I was crusing the back 40 between intermission tryn to get people to hookem up, I got a couple too ,,,,ROBTS was there driving around another 6.0 and wanted to hook but forgot the truck didnt have a front driveshaft..LOL It was a blast as it always is,, hopefully that they will have the diesels there next year!!! corey did well except for the last one sat. nite he rolled out great and hit around 250-280 and got one hell of a hop.....

Yep I was there, only saw the unfortunate hook Saturday night, and I don't really remember it. :chug: I do remember that he did have a nasty bounce around the 200' mark. Anyway good time as always hopefully diesels next year!!

BTW we were doing surveys for the NTPA and we were asking people what there favorite classes were, and had quite a few people tell me the diesel 4x4 was there fav, so I was writing it since it wasn't a choice on the survey.

Rick

I was there for the second session on Saturday. Truck sure did hop..... Didn't stay around to drink cause I got a phone call saying the hay baler came unhooked from the tractor and got pretty well banged up, so I headed out right after Atley's run. Just like daddy always said, "Son sometimes ya gotta go ugly early cause ya gotta get up and go to work in the mornin"

Jason

It was a good show, and finally being able to see the Ohio CAT truck hook in person was well worth it! Did anyone camp next to the track?

thanks guys it was a privledge to be there and support diesel trucks and getting us in the main show of pulling! hopefully our class will be there next yr. And for those that were there the engine was on display... so see were not so secretive! just ask gene!

It was my first time to B.G. and I had a blast. Im still recovering from the party and thinking about a liver transplant. Next year Im gonna have a camping space of my own, and gettin on hear and asking ahead of time so I can meet some people next year. It was a 7hr drive but worth every min. The guys I went out with had friends that put chairs out for us right on the guardrail at the 250ft mark, That made it really sweet.

One more thing.. If B.G. has there pull Aug 21-24 with the adition of Diesel 4x4s will that interfear with Schied ?

herd ya kyle,,soo when is CLIMAX gonna be around??? is she gonna be pulling there this weekend??? or is it down for the year???

I thought I saw her on a trailer the other week gettting off 70 onto 72 in Ohio. Buffed a little smoke and got a wave out of the driver, thought it was climax but maybe it was another red chevy.

I highly doubt that was her drivin down the road, shes a trailer queen but a hell razor on the track when it can get spooled up well

herd ya kyle,,soo when is CLIMAX gonna be around??? is she gonna be pulling there this weekend??? or is it down for the year???

Haven't hooked since Urbana the 2nd, busted a U joint and tore up a hitch. Hasn't been any big pulls and took a vacation this last weekend. scheids rules are such that there is no class I can hook in without major changes to the truck. My class (3.0") has a wheelbase limit of 158" and a crew cab is 167", Daddy Dan said no exceptions(Dodges are 155"). Super Stock class also has wheelbase limit. 2.8" class has the whole big list of bull**** street equipment, battery location, front suspension, etc. etc.

BUT i think I found a good one not too far away for Sat night, and September is jam packed full of pulls every weekend.

Videos from this year

Last edited:
what the hell is the deal with red necks driving around a crappy lawn mower pulling a load of drunks. And did anyone see the camper that had every seam on it pasted with Black Jack, definatley a nice touch! nice meeting everyone

I thought the guys with the lawnmowers were hilarious! I even hitched a ride with them a time or two!

there every year, see you sonic driving around I had the silver dodge with flames, I had them lawnmowers with the VW motors in them. there is only like 348 days till next year.

Atleys made history, at BG, and I was glad I was there to see it!!!!

oops I guess I did have to much fun got ahead of my self more like 357 days left but who's counting

I did see the Camper smeered with the Black tar. I wasnt sure if it was sealer or a bonding agent to keep it together.

Guys put a bunch of time into there lawnmowers,mini super stocks and stages and pic nic tables with poles. I cant wait to see them again next year.

It was nice talking to Gene wile I was out as well.

Back